What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great, Merstar, but I don't have a doughnut baking tin. Would egg rings or muffin tins work?

Yes, I know, I am a baker and don't have the right pan. I bake cakes!

I must say, I ordered a donut pan just for this reason, even though I don't bake donuts too often - I do mostly cakes, muffins, cookies, etc. I wanted to avoid the fried stuff, so I got a pan on Amazon, and I'm really glad I did! Anyway, they should work out fine as muffins, but then, you really won't have donuts! Maybe use a jumbo muffin tin, and fill up halfway, then figure out how to make a hole in the center. (A regular size muffin tin would be fine too - you'd probably have to shorten the baking time).

on allrecipes.com found a recipe for kneecaps. they are fried but maybe could adapt to pans. no hole just a indent in middle. cooked , cooled, and filled with whipped cream and sprinkle with pwd sugar. it is a doughnut dough i am gonna try them.

I must say, I ordered a donut pan just for this reason, even though I don't bake donuts too often - I do mostly cakes, muffins, cookies, etc. I wanted to avoid the fried stuff, so I got a pan on Amazon, and I'm really glad I did! Anyway, they should work out fine as muffins, but then, you really won't have donuts! Maybe use a jumbo muffin tin, and fill up halfway, then figure out how to make a hole in the center. (A regular size muffin tin would be fine too - you'd probably have to shorten the baking time).

I have lots of mini muffin tins and thought I could use them to make donut "holes". Thanks for the tips. I will see if my supplier sells the pans.

on allrecipes.com found a recipe for kneecaps. they are fried but maybe could adapt to pans. no hole just a indent in middle. cooked , cooled, and filled with whipped cream and sprinkle with pwd sugar. it is a doughnut dough i am gonna try them.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Babe, that is too funny - you and I making "kneecaps" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Love it!

and yes, in G most shops are closed on sunday

I found that out when we arrived in Berlin on a Sunday morning whilst travelling from Moscow to Paris by train. We had a 10 hour stop in Berlin and no shops were open :LOL: Still we did lots of sightseeing and all in all it was a good day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom