What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I baked my first ever batch of apple dumplings. We got the apples from the orchard last weekend and they turned out great! I made 6. There are only 2 left and it's just me and DH tonight!

I baked my first ever batch of apple dumplings. We got the apples from the orchard last weekend and they turned out great! I made 6. There are only 2 left and it's just me and DH tonight!
thats awesome congrats!! pictures?

"This afternoon we are going out of town to see Alice Cooper"
Wow, Dixie!!! My husband got his first beer from Alice Cooper, ages and ages ago!!! Out at the salt flats, SLC. Walked right up to him before the show...
Several years ago, his dad gave him a shirt he got from the Coop at a golf tournament in AZ.

I began preparations for baking a sourdough rye bread with caraway seeds yesterday. Tonight I finally put it in the overan about 9 p.m.. After an hour at 425 F I measured the internal temperature and it was quickly at 200 G. Do I pulled it out and let it cool for an hour. MMMMMM, it is tangy, good chew and lots of big air bubbles (I snuck in a bit of extra Gluten.
Marty

OH OH OH OH JJ JJ JJ i HAVE to have that recipe!!

:LOL: Ok MM I'll write the recipe for you right now :D

For the buns:

1/2 cup milk
1 egg beaten
35g butter
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour (stronger the better)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 block yeast (I use cubes of yeast for 1kg of flour so it amounts to 1/4 of a cube so hope this makes sense?)

For the filling:

1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 tbsp cinnamon
35g butter
1/2 cup raisins

First I cream the yeast in a bowl with a little bit of the sugar and place it into the warmed milk and leave for ten minutes.

Whilst waiting for the yeast In a bowl I added the flour, sugar, salt. I cream the butter a little and then add it to the flour mixture along with the milk and beaten egg and bring together firstly with a knife and once starting to bind I get my hands in there and bring it together into a nice ball and onto the work surface to knead for a good 8 minutes until stretchy and the dough has a nice sheen to it. I then place the dough into a bowl covered with a tea towel. I then placed a bowl of hot water into the bottom of the oven and the put the dough on the top shelf and left to rise for an hour minimum or until doubled in size. I then knocked it back down on the work surface and rolled it out into a rectangle(not too sure on size but not too thick and not too thin) I then melted the butter and brushed the surface of the dough just leaving the far edge furthest away from you free of butter. Then I mixed the sugar, raisins and cinnamon together in a bowl and sprinkled this all over the dough right up to the edges but still leaving the furthest edge clean. Then starting from the closest edge to you roll up tightly working away from you. Once tightly rolled cut into 12 equal slices and place on a greased baking tray and cover and put back in the warm oven to rise. Once they have risen again take them out of the oven and preheat the oven to 180c and place in the oven for approx 15-20 minutes or until the tops just start to go golden. I then dusted the top of them with caster sugar and ate warm with a cold glass of milk....yummmmm :D

I hope you enjoy them MM and let me know when you do.

:LOL: Ok MM I'll write the recipe for you right now :D

For the buns:

1/2 cup milk
1 egg beaten
35g butter
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour (stronger the better)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 block yeast (I use cubes of yeast for 1kg of flour so it amounts to 1/4 of a cube so hope this makes sense?)

For the filling:

1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 tbsp cinnamon
35g butter
1/2 cup raisins

First I cream the yeast in a bowl with a little bit of the sugar and place it into the warmed milk and leave for ten minutes.

Whilst waiting for the yeast In a bowl I added the flour, sugar, salt. I cream the butter a little and then add it to the flour mixture along with the milk and beaten egg and bring together firstly with a knife and once starting to bind I get my hands in there and bring it together into a nice ball and onto the work surface to knead for a good 8 minutes until stretchy and the dough has a nice sheen to it. I then place the dough into a bowl covered with a tea towel. I then placed a bowl of hot water into the bottom of the oven and the put the dough on the top shelf and left to rise for an hour minimum or until doubled in size. I then knocked it back down on the work surface and rolled it out into a rectangle(not too sure on size but not too thick and not too thin) I then melted the butter and brushed the surface of the dough just leaving the far edge furthest away from you free of butter. Then I mixed the sugar, raisins and cinnamon together in a bowl and sprinkled this all over the dough right up to the edges but still leaving the furthest edge clean. Then starting from the closest edge to you roll up tightly working away from you. Once tightly rolled cut into 12 equal slices and place on a greased baking tray and cover and put back in the warm oven to rise. Once they have risen again take them out of the oven and preheat the oven to 180c and place in the oven for approx 15-20 minutes or until the tops just start to go golden. I then dusted the top of them with caster sugar and ate warm with a cold glass of milk....yummmmm :D

I hope you enjoy them MM and let me know when you do.
thank you JJ i will!! i just need to figure out the amounts of the butter and yeast in USA terms.

I have to pick my apples today. May I have your recipe for apple dumplings.

Homemade pizza dough topped with tomato sauce, fresh chopped parsley, ripped fresh basil leaves, fresh chopped garlic, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, cooked crumbled Italian sausage, grated romano cheese, grated parmesan cheese and mozzarella.

img_855940_0_ea86ba264dd9b7d0d738731c2b758b41.jpg

img_855940_1_dce1c37f88485dec50ff15bb0fe25b82.jpg

img_855940_2_658cb5d7e4888cde611858f3954bc451.jpg

and (homemade dough) Sausage bread

img_855940_3_2209ebdcd554600ecbe1d9695af0b33d.jpg

img_855940_4_f343deb36d20a51b4610b0c053d37954.jpg

img_855940_5_166441baace373d2f0ebfc4b0de5ddf8.jpg

img_855940_6_fa7203171e27a1918d8737593a53bf17.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back