What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I baked 5 half sheet genoise layers (1 inch high). Four are for the base cake and the other one will be cut in four, filled and stacked and carved into a heart shape to go on top. The filling, which I will do tomorrow, is a dark chocolate mousse, made with chocolate ganache (chocolate and heated whipping cream) and whipped cream. Unfortunately all the tickets for the celebration it is going to have been sold. :LOL:

i am experimenting with sweet potato chips today

Oh, please post your results! They sound awesome already!

I have fussed with this product a lot in the past. I have a dedicated ceramic/stone cookie sheet that I use for vegetables. I have 2 appliances that slice veggies and I use the one that slices them thicker. Toss with olive oil and salt. Bake at 450*F and bake at least 15 minutes. They will be soft cooked but then burn rather quickly. So I keep checking them and remove the outer chips as they crisp and keep baking until the center ones are done. I sprinkled some of them with a Penzeys salsa salad seasoning and gave them quite a kick. I also select long thin potatoes that are a perfect chip size.

oh my on the cake you are baking for the anniversary:chef:

also looking for that nutella cake recipe too!!!

Last week made Korova Chocolate Cookies for the first time. Making them again today. They've now replaced chocolate chip cookies as my favorite cookies!

Today's Baking

Today I am going to bake one of my all time favorite fall time recipes. It is Gooey Chewy Pumpkin Cake It is easy and o so delicious:chef:. It combines butter cake and pumpkin cheesecake all into one! Who could resist that :angel:

I have a bunch of egg yolks left from yesterday's cake spree so I am going to try to fit in some lemon tarts today to take for the luncheon on Sunday. I also need to take "sandwiches" to it and have decided on ham and cheese muffins as an alternative. I have a lot of ham and cheese to use up!

img_858234_0_a1172a62dc6d24604b28e3f8206e1014.jpg

yesterday I made jack, cheddar, swiss and pepperoni chips after lunch.

img_858464_0_e958b1ce0ec30180a33e4f9183cf0e6f.jpg

img_858464_1_75f08d63c22d9472a5a4354c297dee59.jpg

Bananas were 39 cents a pound the other day...consequently I will be making banana cream pudding today before they all get brown. Once they are brown I'll put them in the freezer for banana bread. I'm making pudding cups because I'm too lazy to make pie dough today.

Do you have a recipe we could see Chopstix? (and how are you? Haven't seen you in a bit.)

Hi Alix! I've been in a cooking rut :blink: but otherwise I'm great! I still check in here once in a while. Here is a link to the Korova Chocolate Cookie. You'll LOVE it! It's a perfect recipe adapted from the pastry master Pierre Herme for easy-to-make double chocolate cookies with just the right amount of crunchy, chewy, and melt-in-your-mouth goodness. I have trouble keeping myself from gobbling up the whole batch! :pig:

Tell me how you like it!

It’s kind of a joke, but I too baked today. I baked frozen Pepperidge farm turnovers this morning. There. :LOL:

Charlie,
Several years ago I cooked at a youth camp for a week. I was filling in last minute for someone else so the menus were set and the food ordered (very badly I might add). There were cookies almost every day for snack time and I was quite prepared to make from scratch. But they had purchased several boxes of frozen cookie dough - you take them out of the box, put them on trays and bake.

The kids were always out on activities when I would do this but they would come into the dining hall to the wonderful smell of fresh baked cookies and would eat them warm.

They would say did you really make these? and I would reply - "yep, baked them up fresh just for you!"

! wasn't lying and either are you! We baked! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Oh, I do too. They are so good there is no point in making them from scratch.

I quite agree, why spend the time when you have found something store bought that is just as good as you could make from scratch. It leaves me time for making from scratch other foods and baked goods.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom