What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite agree, why spend the time when you have found something store bought that is just as good as you could make from scratch. It leaves me time for making from scratch other foods and baked goods.:rolleyes:

Well, the thing with me though, PrincessFiona, is that I am a baker by trade so if it gets out that I use premade products at home some of my clients might start to wonder if my cakes come out of boxes :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

Well, the thing with me though, PrincessFiona, is that I am a baker by trade so if it gets out that I use premade products at home some of my clients might start to wonder if my cakes come out of boxes :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

Whereas I'm a nurse who loves to cook...but...I used to cook in restaurants before I made it to nursing school. Worked in a few bakeries, too. DH is a retired baker.

Whereas I'm a nurse who loves to cook...but...I used to cook in restaurants before I made it to nursing school. Worked in a few bakeries, too. DH is a retired baker.

Well "it's all good in the hood" as Chef Michael Simon says. I actually taught a class a few years ago to a group of young mothers on how to make fancy desserts out of mixes, premade products and other items on hand. It was really fun. I actually always wanted to be a nurse but I think the world is better off with me cooking and baking :)

Oh, my baking for today will consist of putting a "take and bake" pizza from the deli into the oven. :chef:

PS I love your signature!

I am currently baking a pumpkin cheesecake with a crushed pecan crust. While the oven is still hot I'll be putting in a chicken and assorted root veggies to roast.

i have cranberry, tangerine and nut bread, chocolate chocolate chip breakfast muffins and mini chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting and halloween confetti planned for the next few days hoping nothing goes awry!! :LOL:

also halloween chocolate lollie pops.

I'm testing wedding cake recipes with my DIL ... we've done 3 this morning and I just finished cleaning the kitchen up while she starts collecting the rug-rats from school ... after they get home there isn't much chance of being able to think much less talk to each other in the kitchen. :LOL:

Last edited:
Hi Alix! I've been in a cooking rut :blink: but otherwise I'm great! I still check in here once in a while. Here is a link to the Korova Chocolate Cookie. You'll LOVE it! It's a perfect recipe adapted from the pastry master Pierre Herme for easy-to-make double chocolate cookies with just the right amount of crunchy, chewy, and melt-in-your-mouth goodness. I have trouble keeping myself from gobbling up the whole batch! :pig:

Tell me how you like it!

OMG. These look AMAZING! I'm going to try them either tonight or tomorrow afternoon and will post back.

I am currently baking a pumpkin cheesecake with a crushed pecan crust. While the oven is still hot I'll be putting in a chicken and assorted root veggies to roast.

wow i love all things pumpkin!yours will be a happy family today!!!:)

ok i only baked some yellow cake cupcakes OUT OF THE BOX.so i was feeling lazy and really felt like having a good yellow cake.The box never fails you,AND its quick AND it tastes yummy.At least i'm happy after having 3 big cupcakes.:LOL:

No Knead Bread

Whilst spooking (Halloween's coming) around some sites, blogs, etc., I discovered a "one-pot" version of Jim Lahey's No Knead Bread. This version belongs to Jacques Pepin (a favorite TV cook of mine) from his "More Fast Food My Way" cookbook. Fall/Winter is hitting the SW with a bang, so I feel safe at constructing this and lighting off my gas oven for the first time in MONTHS. Hopefully it is as good as the Lahey version of the bread. I will post pics and the recipe some time tomorrow or Friday. Will post the recipe sooner, if anyone is REALLY interested. So that's what I'll be making today and baking tomorrow. Just ring my chimes for the recipe and instructions. :mellow:

Made DH some gluten free (GF) muffins for work and a GF sugar free apple crisp for dessert tonight (hey, don't knock it until you have tried it LOL!!!)

To make it easier for my daughters when they live for classes in the morning, I baked Banana Nut Muffins, instead of a whole cake, I also omit the nuts, the girls don't like them.

Ultra deep dark chocolate cookies with dark chocolate chunks and pecans. Decadent and gooey!

I baked cranberry tangerine and nut bread today.

img_859243_0_96a8d368581162ee147340f64aff83f5.jpg

img_859243_1_e207e2ec8022be50015161fb64cf53b8.jpg

wow i love all things pumpkin!yours will be a happy family today!!!:)

It was fantabulous:LOL:. I baked apples in pastry and served warm with French Vanilla ice cream.

I have about a case and a half of apples to figure out something to do. Picked them ourselves at a friends house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom