What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Merstar, they are. I knew someone posted the link before but I couldn't remember. And now I remember it was you. I found the first ones I took out of the oven were cakey, but I took the next ones out sooner and they were very chewy and good. I think I baked them for 7 minutes. Oh, and I used large milk chocolate chips (Hersheys "mini kisses") and they really blended nicely with the olive oil.

Thanks for the link, both times!

You're very welcome, LP! I used rounded Tbsp and baked them about 10 minutes, and they were very lightly browned on the edges and just barely done, so I don't think I'd be able to get away with a lesser baking time as you did. If I try these again, I'm going to decrease the baking soda by half, and omit the milk, which should make them less cakey. Glad your second batch came out nice and chewy!

You're very welcome, LP! I used rounded Tbsp and baked them about 10 minutes, and they were very lightly browned on the edges and just barely done, so I don't think I'd be able to get away with a lesser baking time as you did. If I try these again, I'm going to decrease the baking soda by half, and omit the milk, which should make them less cakey. Glad your second batch came out nice and chewy!

Oh, yes, I did exactly what you said. I used 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and added a little more oil instead of the milk (not as much mind you, just a few drops) the second time and they were heavenly. Sorry to leave that part out.

Oh, yes, I did exactly what you said. I used 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and added a little more oil instead of the milk (not as much mind you, just a few drops) the second time and they were heavenly. Sorry to leave that part out.

Aha! That's good to know!

Mini cheesecakes with lemon zest, orange zest, and vanilla extract. Will unveil tomorrow.

More butter tarts - just got another order for 3 dozen....for today! Doesn't anyone want shortbread or something else? LOL!

Blackberry pie, an apple crostata, cloverleaf rolls...My spelling is awful today ah nutz:ROFLMAO:
kades

from a couple days ago

apple pie

img_863814_0_fb7016af006c04181c2cfde53953d8f4.jpg

with french vanilla ice cream

img_863814_1_857ba62eb40ded955c7d47d7fc76a98e.jpg

pumpkin pie with whipped cream (vanilla and sugar added)

img_863814_2_540c92bdc6dd7bbfed7319afb624610a.jpg

I'm new here, so I don't know where to look for the answer: where do you get keyboard drool remover? Oh, those pie pictures!

I'm new here, so I don't know where to look for the answer: where do you get keyboard drool remover? Oh, those pie pictures!

I have a sink set up here in the office for when the keys start sticking. And a couple of replacement keyboards while waiting for them to dry. :ROFLMAO:

Those pies do look yummy :)

I have buttermilk honey bread rising right now. Just made some maple butter to go with it.
that bread and butter sounds fantastic. i have been waiting for pics :(

care to share the recipes?

Baked 2 loaves of bread yesterday: 1 loaf with dill and 1 with dried tomatoes, olives & oregano.

5 or 6 (?) fruitcakes coming up tomorrow.

stollen scheduled for next weekend.

Not exactly baking, but did a couple of christmas puddings last weekend. 2 loaves of pumpernickel, too.

No baking planned for the near future, working too many shifts. After Christmas may get back into the swing of things if we can get another nurse hired.

Does anyone have a recipe for Maid of Honor Tart(s) that have a pie pastry on the bottom, a fruit filling (not jam or jelly), and a cake-like top? Greatly appreciate your help...I've searched the Web, but none are similar to what I'm looking for. Thanks!

On Thursday I made what is showing as my avatar but here it is bigger if you want. It is a gingerbread-cake house! Yes, it is a cake. It is frosted with chocolate buttercream and decorated with gingerbread and royal icing. It was for a Christmas Banquet for our youth group. The kids loved it but didn't want to cut it (though they didn't mind eating it once they dragged me from my dinner to do it :LOL:).

091204GingerbreadHouseCake.jpg

Does anyone have a recipe for Maid of Honor Tart(s) that have a pie pastry on the bottom, a fruit filling (not jam or jelly), and a cake-like top? Greatly appreciate your help...I've searched the Web, but none are similar to what I'm looking for. Thanks!

I think I know what you are looking for and will see if I have a recipe for it. There is another name for them as well, but it escapes me right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom