What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Thursday I made what is showing as my avatar but here it is bigger if you want. It is a gingerbread-cake house! Yes, it is a cake. It is frosted with chocolate buttercream and decorated with gingerbread and royal icing. It was for a Christmas Banquet for our youth group. The kids loved it but didn't want to cut it (though they didn't mind eating it once they dragged me from my dinner to do it :LOL:).

Looks magnificent! I'm planning on gingerbread cake and ginger snaps later, much later, today!

Today I worked with my mom, and my cousins fiance. We made cheesecake cupcakes, our own turtles, almond shortbread cookies, rice crispy squares, banana raspberry bread, macaroons, and nanaimo bars.

Today I worked with my mom, and my cousins fiance. We made cheesecake cupcakes, our own turtles, almond shortbread cookies, rice crispy squares, banana raspberry bread, macaroons, and nanaimo bars.

Hey Gobo! Nice to see you here. Seems like it has been forever. Sounds like you have been busy. Glad you are keeping up the National tradition of Nanaimo Bars. Did you make the original? This year I have experimented with cappuccino, mint, raspberry and peanut butter.

Hey Gobo! Nice to see you here. Seems like it has been forever. Sounds like you have been busy. Glad you are keeping up the National tradition of Nanaimo Bars. Did you make the original? This year I have experimented with cappuccino, mint, raspberry and peanut butter.

I've been real busy with school. On my 3rd year of accounting. We made nanaimo from a box XD... lil' hood or something? I've been making a lot of candy, selling them on the side. I keep some samples handy, share them with buddies, they love it and want more!!! I sold a batch of banana raspberry to a buddy. He also ordered peanut butter flavoured :S. My brother and I both hated it, but he loved them, that's what counts!

What did you get to make with those?

As long as it wasn't fragrant too...;)

LOL!!! I forgot the warm and purring, too! At least they loved me lots until I got the food bowls filled, then it was ignore as usual!
Going grocery shopping tomorrow, have to think up some thing fun to cook!

While its not strictly baking...I made nuts and bolts today and my house smells fantastic!

Oh, I remember making bushels of them with my Grandmother when I was young! They were so good and yes, the smells were awesome!

This isn't baking either but I hope to be making sponge toffee and "almond rocha" today....if I ever get away from the computer.

So far this week I have made 5 different cookies (about 4-6 dozen each) and mini chocolate cupcakes. Since some of my gifts need to be handed out Saturday and Sunday, I am trying to get it all "wrapped up" so to speak by tomorrow.

The only thing I turned the oven on for today was mushroom meatloaf and cauliflower and cheese. It was very good.

Maybe later I'll bake up a cheesecake...I have some frozen fruit in the freezer, mixed berries. Yup, sounds good.

I made brown sugar shortbread yesterday. Dropped it face down on the floor first...but baked it anyway. I'm willing to eat it anyway. No way am I tossing THAT out.

Finally got myself into the mood to do some baking. Baked off a recipe of Rugulach yesterday, and tonight I'm making Lemon Coconut Square and maybe the dough for some Julekaker..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom