What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Homie, you ate it and loved it didn't you? Better pray I don't drop anymore on the floor or you will be eating a LOT of dog hair this Christmas. (Smooch!)

Attaching the shortbread to the cat's back will solve that problem.

Which leads to the question, if a cat always lands feet first...what happens when it falls off the table with a piece of buttered bread face-up on its back?

You know, sometimes you are so random. Now that my brain hurts trying to figure out that last riddle...what else do you want me to bake this Christmas?

Attaching the shortbread to the cat's back will solve that problem.

Which leads to the question, if a cat always lands feet first...what happens when it falls off the table with a piece of buttered bread face-up on its back?

A perpetual motion machine or is it anti-gravity, either way they will both hang there in the air, spinning. Time to go check this theory out!

No baking today, but I did get to replace a couple small appliances today, the toaster and immersion blender...upscaled!:w00t2:

"Baking" my third pail full of peanut clusters - can't seem to keep up with them this year for my gifts. Might have something to do with the fact it is something BOTH hubby and Dad can eat and love LOL!!!!!

I hope to use the last of the never-ending eggnog sugar cookie dough up tonight as well. The recipe said "makes 24 cookies" so I doubled it. I think they meant 24 dozen! :wacko: - hmm, maybe I should drop them on the floor and mail them to Alix and Ken!

I still have some almond roca style toffee, flourless peanut butter cookies, sugarless chocolate fudge and cream cheese balls to do and I am done for the season!

Damper Dip. It is New Year's Eve here so I am making it to take for tonight before the bbq. Damper Dip - Huge bread roll cut out and fill with hot sour cream with melted cheese and spinach and french onion soup mix. You peel off a piece of the crust and dip it in the sour cream mixture. Yummo - especially on a rainy day like today!

I'm baking the Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake from Cook's Illustrated - it's fantastic! I'm going to bake it tonight, wrap it, keep it on the counter overnight, and serve it tomorrow for New Year's.

I would have fired up the oven at 2 AM if I had not noticed my key ingredient was missing. But since I already had the ham and beans simmering, I didn't feel comfortable heading off to the store. Problem is...I know I bought the stuff, I just can't find it and I truly can't remember putting it away when shopping was done. Most likely it got set aside at the store and was missed going into the bag. So no baking, but we get to have it next week.

Two 1.5lb loaves of Oat Bread with an Rolled Oat Crust. One for my neighbor across the street, the other for my daughter who hates the feel of flour on her hands but otherwise is an excellent cook!

I boiled fresh pasta(it's called strozzapreti,I can't translate it..) and prepared a sauce with chops of smoked salmon,fresh cream,pepper powder,salt,chops of onion,butter.It's a simple way to serve pasta without loosing too much time if you are extremely busy with the households.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom