What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
3 sausage bread is in the oven and i have a nice ball of dough left. maybe i can split it and make 2 pizzas

mexican wedding cake cookies if i don't poop out first. yes second batch in just over a week. we eat most of em. and none left for granddaughter that requested them in the first place. lol

ohhh I love Mexican wedding cakes, only made one batch this season...may make another since I gave away most of the first batch...while at MIL's at Christmas a neighbor brought over some...they were dreadful, or maybe they really weren't MWC's...I could not detect a morsel of pecans..

i made dinner rolls and pancakes today

from yesterday

Homemade Sausage bread

img_869746_0_69f2889faf917f5f5f11885d44e2ecd2.jpg

img_869746_1_0674c24a4138963f3e4e4574bea51605.jpg

Homemade Pizza - sauce, sausage, peppers, onions, mushrooms, sliced garlic, romano cheese, mozzarella, herbs and spices.

img_869746_2_dd04f710804a33e87dabcebc5089d8cf.jpg

img_869746_3_33bca8ba454509763b6ddeb4dcf4412b.jpg

Not today, but yesterday I tested a recipe from Peter Reinhart's latest book Artisan Bread Everyday; his sticky buns with the caramel glaze. They turned out very great. Too bad there is only me at home right now to eat them. Next time I make them I will include pecans.

The book is great! I have several of his books and each one builds on the one before. You would think there is nothing new in baking... afterall it is as old as time... but Reinhart is always improving his techniques and his recipes and he seems like such a nice fellow.

Tomorrow I plan to bake foccacia with an infused olive oil on top. Maybe basil, rosemary or just sage.

ohhh I love Mexican wedding cakes, only made one batch this season...may make another since I gave away most of the first batch...while at MIL's at Christmas a neighbor brought over some...they were dreadful, or maybe they really weren't MWC's...I could not detect a morsel of pecans..

i made dinner rolls and pancakes today

i love em too. i always put in extra nuts. instead of chopping i put nuts in med sized bag and beat em with my meat tenderizer too. works out well, more nut flavor i think.

haven't eaten any of this batch i made today, but probably will when pwd. sugar goes on. lol:pig:

corn bread for dinner and i have 2 cranberry tangerine nut breads in the oven.

made Mexican Wedding Cakes yesterday, or was it the day before?..lol

am baking 2 batches of dinner rolls today, ww and herbed, for a belated Christmas present for a neighbor..

I'm considering a Clementine Upside-Down cake, so I can use up the rest of them quickly. What do you guys think good idea or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom