What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a bread pudding out of a day old loaf of apple/walnut bread I found at the scratch bakery. It was very good and with the cinnamon already in the bread I didn't have to spice the custard.

Prepped for four batches of scones to bake later tonight. Got all my dry ingredients mixed, add-ins lined up. Later today I'll blend use enough butter between the four bowls to give me a contact heart attack, mix in the wet ingredients, and sit back and wait for the smells to begin. Heaven!

I won't be baking anything today, but I will be sitting in a chair guiding DH through the process of baking himself a loaf of gluten free bread. This not being able to do it myself is getting old fast, but he is really jumping up to the plate and enjoying being in the kitchen more. That is good!

I made Thomas Keller's chocolate chip cookies with a few tweaks. Delicious!!!

Yay!!! I actually felt good enough last night to put together a large heart-shaped brownie with multicolour candy coated mini chips on top for our youth group for Valentine's Day today. They loved it.

Brown sugar banana nut bread again... SO loves it and the bananas seem to go ripe fast lately.

Made four batches of scones two weeks ago but forgot to post the pics! From the "top" of the clock they are: choco chip/coconut/almond, choco chip/orange (DH's favorite), basic "cream scone", cream scone with candied ginger pieces, and "nutty" (four nuts/coconut/apricot). We ate a couple right away, I wrapped and froze a bunch, and I sent a "care package" to a young friend at college.

28872-albums241-picture2197.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom