"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 05:57 PM   #1401
Head Chef

I've been on a desperate search all w/end for turkey cookie cutters and not finding ANY, I settled for some oak leaves, pineapple shapes and roosters. Baked some butter cookies today and just got done icing them.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:55 AM   #1402
Master Chef

Baking Italian semolina bread .

Old 11-24-2008, 10:19 AM   #1403
Senior Cook

Yesterday I baked some White Chocolate Chip Macaroon Cookies.
I made them using the Nestle's Toll House Cookie recipe, but tweaked the recipe. I substituted the white chocolate chips for the semi-sweet chocolate chips, (I added 1-1/4 cups of the white chocolate chips) and substituted immitation coconut extract for the vanilla extract, plus I added 1 cup of sweetened flaked coconut, left out the chopped nuts, and added 1/2 cup more of the flour. I baked the cookies on a Pampered Chef Baking Stone, anywhere's for 8 mins & 30 sec to 9 minutes, (as my oven does get very hot) and in a 350 degree oven. I did frost the cookies with some white chocolate chips (3/4 cup) and a bit of shortening (1 teaspoon) that I had melted together in an 800 degree microwave oven for 1 minute & 30 seconds; stirring after one minute, and then sprinkled half the cookies w/red colored sugar, and the other half w/green colored sugar, but I think next time I will not frost them, as they were also good w/o the frosting. Also, one thing I forgot to mention, in order to frost all the cookies, I had to make 2 batches of the frosting. Perhaps it was a good thing that my husband and I ate a few of them before I frosted them, or I wouldn't of had enough frosting for all the cookies.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:00 AM   #1404
Everymom

Did oatmeal chocolate chippers yesterday and we'll be munching those for a bit.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:09 PM   #1405
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
It's time to get ready for Thanksgiving, so tonight is dessert baking.... Sweet Potato Pie and Coconut Pound Cake are on the docket.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:48 PM   #1406
Sous Chef

Pies Pies Pies....

I am making dessert pies for TG tonight... Pumkin, Apple-Quince, and Apple-Cranberry...

One may become a cobbler... or I might just make cobbler too have to see how much filling I have.

Also I will be making my Cranberry Sauce.... My house is going to smell soo good

I love pie it is my favorite dessert/breakfast... I can guarantee nobody will eat them but that's fine more leftovers for me
Old 11-25-2008, 05:00 PM   #1407
Head Chef

Challah Bread to give to a couple of customers for Thanksgiving. Basic white bread for DS.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:08 PM   #1408
Sous Chef

Just put a big pan of sticky rolls in the fridge to raise overnight. They are promised to a friend at my former office. She's making me two sweet potato pies in return.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:40 AM   #1409
Senior Cook

Later today, pies and challah bread for Thanksgiving.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:51 AM   #1410
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Pecan pie
Pumpkin pie

Tags
rye bread