What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Making some asparagus wrapped in Phylo with parmeasan. Also Brownies for tomorrow will serve with vanilla ice cream
kadesma

Oh dear lord, that sounds amazing. How much parmesan in the phyllo? Just a little shaving?
I just grate it over the inside and over the asparagus..I don't measure I just grate it on til I like how it looks.
Brush the asparagus tips with butter when done and ready to serve.
kades

Last edited:
Made French macarons. I wasn't very successful this time although I didn't mind disposing of them :) They still tasted very good!

Jet, your bread looks wonderful. Can you share the recipe.
I'm baking an apple pie - but it is just one from the freezer - no recipe.
It's just my take on the master recipe from Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day. I disagree with the main premise of the book, that their dough keeps well in the refrigerator, so I make and bake mine immediately.

Here are the ingredients:

• 354g warm water
  • 8g yeast
  • 10g kosher salt
  • 390g flour (about 90 whole wheat, the rest all-purpose)
I'm not sure about posting my instructions, since they follow the book so closely. I make sure and heavily coat the non-stick pan (9 1/4 x 5 1/4) with cooking spray and flour, because this dough sticks something fierce. I slash the top with a serrated knife because it works better than the sharpest non-serrated blade (even a new razor blade).

I baked some salmon...since DH's getting a diabetes diagnosis, it's slowed down my baking considerably...I'm trying really hard not to tempt him. DH was the dessert eater, I'm happy with beef jerky or corned beef.

I have a nice big batch (one and a half dozen) of orange cranberry walnut muffins in the oven right now.

I'm in the mood to argue muffin vs cupcake with my mother and fiance this morning.

I was going to make a pumpkin pie because I've had a taste for it. Just as I was ready to pull ingredients out DH called - got out of "Dodge" early and wanted to know if I wanted to go out to dinner. Bu-bye pie! Maybe next week....

spatchcock chicken---will let you know how it turns out......the prep method (cutting out the backbone and flattening the chicken by applying pressure from the breast side) was an absolute disaster.......let's just say that I broke a pair of kitchen shears and managed to create "offal--akin to awful" spatterings on my wall........

It's rainy and miserable out, and I'm having motivational issues today. If I can get myself out of this chair and into the kitchen, I'm planning to make some butter rolls for dinner and maybe some asparagus puffs to freeze until Easter.

Made my usual Sunday cinnamon rolls (which I put in the freezer before baking and sell to a local coffee shop), but saved out three for our breakfast (we had a friend over). Expat girl, let us know how the spatchcock chicken turns out. I tried it a few months ago and wasn't impressed - it dried out pretty fast while cooking.

Made my usual Sunday cinnamon rolls (which I put in the freezer before baking and sell to a local coffee shop), but saved out three for our breakfast (we had a friend over). Expat girl, let us know how the spatchcock chicken turns out. I tried it a few months ago and wasn't impressed - it dried out pretty fast while cooking.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:the spatchcock chicken tonight was delicious, MK, despite the horrible prep butchering job....I guess I never would have been a neurosurgeon.....had I had decent kitchen shears (as in sharp) I might not have had such a colorful poultrified wallpaper and a mutilated pair of shears.......rescued by a sharp knife and unmentionable language it was marinated overnight in a bottled South African peri peri sauce (deliciously spicy) lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and mixed herbs and baked covered for 45 minutes and then uncovered for the last 15 minutes.....it yielded delicious drippings......if I hadn't been so lazy I would have made a sauce out of them.... I wished that we had had your cinnamon bons for dessert...they sounded wonderful like all of everyone's posted recipes..........:chef:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom