What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
making apple sauce muffins. had to throw out pineapple muffins i made yesterday were very dry . i following recipe and checked at five min. earlier than recipe said. just not good. life is to short to eat the rejects. lol

6 gluten/casein free bread with almond and raisin.
4 gluten/casein free bread with millet
6 gluten/casein free pizza
30 gluten/casein free cinnamon buns

sounds very good, definitely not in this diabetics diet,:( so can only dream. to hot here to bake, maybe tomorrow. need to make salt free bread.

Hey, do you like chocolate pudding? I have a great lowfat recipe that's ultra creamy and deep chocolatey, and you can use a sugar replacement. It really tastes luscious, and not lowfat. I posted it at Recipezaar awhile back. Here's the link:
Creamy Chocolate Pudding - 12431 - Recipezaar

just took out mini loaves of pumpkin bread. kinda hot here for baking.

In reality it is too hot here for baking. But with my :wacko: landlord's idea of air conditioning, I used the oven in self defense. I am freezing now, getting ready to put on my heavy winter pj's, I don't wear them in the winter, it is too hot in here. Can't beat the rent in this area thought.

I am trying to bake a cake for my friend. (Her birthday is tomorrow.) I tried a 1234 white cake Friday but it wasn't very fluffy and rich like a cake should be. If anyone has a good sweet chocolate-free cake recipe I'm all ears! (Eyes.)

I am trying to bake a cake for my friend. (Her birthday is tomorrow.) I tried a 1234 white cake Friday but it wasn't very fluffy and rich like a cake should be. If anyone has a good sweet chocolate-free cake recipe I'm all ears! (Eyes.)

Try this:

2 cups cake flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tbl. baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 cup oil
3/4 cup cold water
2 t vanilla or flavoring of your choice
7 egg yolks hand beaten
7 egg whites
1/2 t cream of tartar

In a large bowl mix the first 4 ingredients. Make a well and add the next 4 ingredients. Beat until smooth with a spoon and set aside. Beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. Pour over egg yolk batter and fold in until well blended. Bake in a ungreased 10x4 pan 45-60 minutes or 3 8 or 9 inch cake pans about 20 minutes, keep a eye on it, at 350 preheated oven.

This cake is good frosted with Cool Whip/Instant Pudding Frosting.

2 small boxes instant pudding mix, flavor your choice
2 cups of cold milk
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Mix
Fold in 2 defrosted 8 oz. container of cool whip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom