What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Thursday, my son and his three boys from Atlanta will be here, so I baked 2 loaves of white bread. Tomorrow I'll bake 2 more, plus a batch of hot dog buns (for a cookout in a couple of days) and a birthday cake for Glenn.

Baked Ken his birthday cake today. Dense chocolate cake filled with raspberry jam and buttercream then topped with ganache and raspberries. Not for the diabetics in the crowd.

I am hoping to make a crisp using fresh peaches, strawberries and apples to take up to Dad Wednesday morning for his lunch. He can only have soft textured or mince food and is getting tired of the diet puddings and pureed canned fruit they are giving him so I thought a nice dessert would cheer him up. He loves crisps of any kind. I make the topping with Splenda.

Hello, this is my first post here.
I stumbled across this site yesterday while I was researching cookware.

I think I have information overload right now!
Anyway, I am going to make some Zucchini Bread, with Zucchini I harvested yesterday.

What are you baking today?
I feel like I personally am baking today! It's so hot and sticky. Someone, please come and frost me!

Seriously, I've been wanting to make shortcakes, but can't bring myself to turn on the oven to bake the biscuits! :ohmy:

The other night we baked frozen munchie snacks, pizza bites, jalapeno poppers, etc...had to wait until the sun went down and the breeze started. Too hot to bake during the day.

pineapple upside down cake in the oven. it is a big one in 9 by 13 pan. recipes using a yellow cake mix. otherwise just same method. almost but not quite to hot to bake. i feel a sweet attack coming on. lol

a "whipped cream" cake and a diabetic friendly chocolate cake. They are just little ones (6" x 3" high) as celebration cakes for a small lunch I am having at the hospital for my sister's 60th birthday, Dad's 85th and Father's Day (which have passed but Dad was not able to eat on either of those days) and just the fact that several times during the past 2 months we didn't think we would have anything to celebrate. Dad went outside (in a wheelchair) today for the first time since he was admitted. Now that is something to celebrate! Chances are looking better that he will come home (with help in place).

made a pound cake last night. daughter coming for bday lunch tomorrow. i make a lemon sauce for it. raspberries were no good at store. guess i'll use thawed frozen blueberries for small garnish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom