What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not baking anything today, but this is what I baked yesterday...

birthday2cake.jpg

My daughter turned 2 and I get a kick out of making fun birthday cakes for my 2 kids. I have it posted on Kitchen Scrapbook if you want to see the baking and decorating of it.

Do any of you do birthday cakes?

That is sooo cute KS!!
I always mean to do a cool cake for my kids, then get so overwhelmed with ideas I shut down and make a carrot cake with funky colored frosting.
Or the last kid I made a tie-dyed cheesecake. That was fun.

The little dogs aren't edible... just toys I bought in town. They were new though, now they're in the toybox. :) I did entertain the idea of trying to make some out of marzipan or something, but who knows, they may have looked like unrecognizable blobs! :)

Hey, that Lego cake was easy! It's a couple 9x13s cut into various sizes, frosted and then large marshmallow halves on top. I messed them up a little though... I didn't glaze the blocks first to hold the crumbs in. Oh well, live and learn!

Well, rabbit pie is delicious, it is a local dish in our country, why not give it a try?

I baked my semolina bread this morning and going to bake rye bread when the dough is ready. No I didn't finish off the semolina , I had 2 slices and will freeze the rest. I like baking bread ;) especially from the Artisan book.

Not positive it counts as 'baking' per se, but I'm making a no bake cheesecake, I'm layering the mix into a sheet pan, and I'm going to attempt to roll them to make a spiral. One layer is cheesecake, the other layer is chocolate cheesecake with cherry chunks in it.... wish me luck...IF it's successful, you'll have pics soon. :LOL:

Stuffed and baked some more apples, also have a loaf of bread with proscuitto,and roasted garlic just ready to go in and bake, have a batch of peanut butter cookies mix and waiting...Think I bit off more than can chew today:LOL:

kadesma

Baked oatmeal which is surprisingly satisfying and much like a cake. Another attempt at healthier living through Weight Watchers ...

I made granola finally a couple of days ago. Unfortunately, I sort of forgot about it in the oven so all the apricot bits I put in there were cute little rocks. (ICK!) So, after I picked them all out, it was fairly edible.

I made a bar cookie yesterday and today, I have to work, but I think I might break out the bread maker and set it so that we have warm bread to go with our roast chicken for dinner. Mmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom