What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, those are the baseball cupcakes - they are chocolate. But thank you so much for your compliment.

The heart cake is one that I am just working on decorating now and will post a picture later. It is cappuccino with a mocha buttercream filling.

:blush: I've never actually seen a baseball cupcake, but it looks truly wonderful. Mocha buttercream icing is lovely, must say you have winners there.

Earlier today I baked Cinnamon Nut Coffee Cake HERE I thought they came out great. Next time I make it I'm going to leave out the walnuts.

here are those cupcakes.

pretty%20shot.jpg

I've just roasted tomatoes, onions and garlic and made a lovely tomato sauce. I'm going to bake a loaf of bread to go with dinner so we can sop up every last morsel of that yumminess.

Likely a french loaf.

I have some beautifully ripe bananas just begging to be made into banana bread. I love Martha Stewart's banana bread recipe that uses sour cream, which I realy think is what makes the banana bread so moist and delicious.

Banana Bread (Martha Stewart Recipe)

Makes 1 large loaf or 4 mini loaf pans

1 stick butter, room temp
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, room temp
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (about 2 large, or 3 medium)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Butter a 9X5X3-inch loaf pan or 4 mini loaf pans.

With electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla, beating well.

Sift dry ingredients and combine with butter mixture. Blend well. Add bananas and sour cream; mix well. Stir in nuts and pour into prepared pan.

Bake about 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean (careful not to overbake). Turn out onto a rack to cool

Enjoy!

Oh my, those sound and look awesome! Do you have a shareable recipe?

Probably I should write it down! I usually don't use cake mixes, but thought that they would work in this case and they did.

Cupcake recipe

1 box duncan hines Spice cake mix
1 cup apple butter
1 cup water
2 eggs
2 tbls vegetable oil.

Beat together wet ingredients, add the mix and beat until smooth. Bake in standard size cupcake pan lined with paper liners @ 350 for approx 15-18 minutes, until tests done.

for the caramel I used this.
dulce_de_leche_img.jpg

this can also be made by taking a can of sweetened condensed milk, peeling off the label and placing in a pan of simmering water for 4 hours, making sure that you add water to the pan so that it doesn't dry out.

I made a variation on a roux buttercream.

1 cup milk
1/4 cup flour

combine flour and milk in sauce pan, and whisk to combine. Turn heat to medium and whisk constantly until the mixture thickens like pudding. Once it thickens let boil for one minute to rid the mixture of flour flavor. remove from heat and spread out on a plate and press plastic wrap over the top to prevent a skin. let cool to room temp.

In the bowl of a mixer combine 2 sticks unsalted softened butter, 1/2 tsp salt, and a tsp vanilla, beat till fluffy. Add 2-3 cups powdered sugar (to taste) and 1 tsp cinnamon, beat until fluffy and smooth. Add the cooled roux and beat on high for a couple minutes until very fluffy.

To assemble.

I took a cooled cupcake and cut out a divot in the top, enough for a couple tsp of caramel. Then with a pastry bag (or zip top bag) filled with the caramel, I piped the caramel into the divot to fill. Then simply make a swirl of buttercream on the top, or spread generously with a spatula.

Salmon filets en croate, roasted root veggies and lemon shortbread. Making full use of the oven and the cool temperature outside.

Nicely browned homemade buttermilk biscuits (I replace 1 Tbsp per cup of flour with 1 Tbsp of wheat germ) with butter & fresh creamed honey on the side.

img_922099_0_abc4f32c02251515f0bf37e964b0d99e.jpg

img_922099_1_2e8c55277db8547186525ebcdfd2324a.jpg

well, not today, but i'm thinking I'd like to bake an apple coffee cake tomorrow.

Does anyone have a good recipe? You know, the kind with streusel on top...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom