What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I made honey wheat bread today and this week there are 2 birthdays at work so I am making lemon bars and white chocolate macadamia nut cookies this week!

I love to bake!!!

I'm baking scones in the morning. I'm on vacation and I can do that now!

I love scones but I find them way overpriced at the store AND the one time I tried to bake them, they came out terrible. good luck. Better yet, you have a tried and true recipe that you can depend on and you don't need any luck.

I love scones but I find them way overpriced at the store AND the one time I tried to bake them, they came out terrible. good luck. Better yet, you have a tried and true recipe that you can depend on and you don't need any luck.

My secret is King Arthur Basic scone mix, I got it to try a bit ago and I'm in love with it. Better than I can make on my own. I can also do any add ins that I like, they are not too sweet I can make savory scones with it, too.:angel:

Tomorrow morning: Corn muffins with butter and honey.

Tomorrow afternoon: Scones (with dried cranberries, cherries and pecan pieces), from scratch, with a simple vanilla glaze. They're very similar to my breakfast biscuit recipe, so I can knock them out in 25 minutes (which includes baking time.) - My mother's coming for an afternoon visit.

I made 9 dozen cupcakes today with a young lady I have started to mentor. She wants to spend time with me and learn to bake....hey, right up my alley! We will be decorating them tomorrow night for use in a "cupcake walk" at a Harvest Festival on the weekend.

I also chopped and mixed up my fruit for a double batch of "The best fruitcake in the world". I haven't made it since my Mom passed away, but it just seemed fitting this year as a surprise for Dad.

Oh, this is the actual name of the cake, handed down from my great-great grandmother on down - no peel, light in colour and big chunks of fruit!

Burek

I have picked the last of our swiss chard and mixed the feta cheese with an egg a little cream and lots of pepper. The strudel dough is in the fridge resting, I will "pull it" and assemble then bake in a few hrs.

Not baking, but I'll be setting up my prep and mixer for baking on Saturday. My order from King Arthur Flour came with the essential ingredients. If it's as good as I think it will be I will link it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom