What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, sorry for the wait... I'll just link it:

Peanutty Chocolate Banana Bread

I didn't use any peanuts when I made it, just the peanut butter. The peanut butter flavor was very subtle and probably would have been much more balanced had I added the nuts. I also don't own the stoneware baking dish the recipe says to use so I just used my tin loaf pan and it turned out fine with no adjustments to oven temp/baking time. EXCELLENT bread! Enjoy!!

Thanks Snicker! it looks like a yummy recipe,specially cuz i love anything peanut and peanut butter,i will surely add the peanuts,although i dont have a stoneware pan either, have a glass loaf pan though,i'm sure it'll be ok to use it...Thanks again :chef:

I have cheesecake and lemon meringue pie planned for xmas eve and day. I am planning to bake them tomorrow.

Going to make some more brown sugar shortbread today. Need to go buy molasses too for more gingerbread cookies. I'll be making a chocolate ganache tart with either caramel whipped cream or raspberry coulis for Christmas dinner. My oldest daughter just learned how to make fudge (OMG!) so I suspect there will be some fudgemaking in our house today.

white chocolate raspberry cheese cake.
pigs in puff pastry blankets
two breakfast casserole, sausage,eggs, cheese and bread.

need to get the christmas cooking done today, am taking some to a christmas eve gathering, and also for christmas brunch.

I just made Alix's Lemon Cake. I didn't have any lemons so I used Fiori di Sicilia extract. YUMMY. This is a great recipe. Perfect size for small households. I am going to enjoy experimenting with different flavorings.

just took cheesecake out of oven. have you have done a recipe that had everything go wrong? this is what happened with this one. couldn't get white chocolate chips to melt properly. made raspberry sauce and could not strain seeds out. to thick , i think. so used cranberry sauce for the swirls. it came out all bumpy not smooth on top that i am used to. it also cracked. i hope to put enough white choco swirls on top to disguise that. i may not take it to christmas eve party . may have to sample it to see what it tastes like and if it holds up. almost ready to say bah humbug.

just took cheesecake out of oven. have you have done a recipe that had everything go wrong? this is what happened with this one. couldn't get white chocolate chips to melt properly. made raspberry sauce and could not strain seeds out. to thick , i think. so used cranberry sauce for the swirls. it came out all bumpy not smooth on top that i am used to. it also cracked. i hope to put enough white choco swirls on top to disguise that. i may not take it to christmas eve party . may have to sample it to see what it tastes like and if it holds up. almost ready to say bah humbug.

So sorry to hear that, Babe! When I do cranberry sauce, I whirl it in the small food processor with a tablespoon of hot water until it smoothes out. Raspberry sauce, I don't worry about the seeds...but now I might since I'm wearing dentures...:LOL:

I will be baking cake type brownies with chocolate buttercream frosting, coconut macaroons, and oatmeal raisin cookies. I"m going to buy the Key Lime pie - don't have "the touch" with that yet. Busy, busy.

Not baking a thing, it's al done. For the first time in my life I am tired of baking.

So sorry to hear that, Babe! When I do cranberry sauce, I whirl it in the small food processor with a tablespoon of hot water until it smoothes out. Raspberry sauce, I don't worry about the seeds...but now I might since I'm wearing dentures...:LOL:

i started to use the raspberry sauce, seeds and all. should have. i put the chocolate curls and it looks ok. none of these people have a clue about baking. so maybe they won't notice. had a really, really, hard time getting it out of pan. this whole enterprise was a bummer. won't make again. yep, seeds under your dentures is really semi-painful. :LOL:

i started to use the raspberry sauce, seeds and all. should have. i put the chocolate curls and it looks ok. none of these people have a clue about baking. so maybe they won't notice. had a really, really, hard time getting it out of pan. this whole enterprise was a bummer. won't make again. yep, seeds under your dentures is really semi-painful. :LOL:

I got some sesame seeds stuck the other day...but I'm getting much better!:LOL: Pretty soon, they'll be like my glasses, a necessity...not a second thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom