What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried a new yellow cake recipe today(will post soon)...it was so easy seemed almost unreal,was kind of a dump cake,and came out very well,delicious and moist,made it into 2 layers,and just finished frosting it with chocolate buttercream frosting,yum!

in the process of baking an apricot nectar cake. reminds me of my mom. better get back to it. the butter should be cooled by now.

it called for beating the batter for eight minutes. when i fired up my mixer, it had died. sure was a long eight minutes by hand. came out great, though.ordered a new mixer from amazon. :rolleyes:

I just made this for the upteenth time. I make it as a two-layer cake with extra chocolate ganache, which I use for both the filling and frosting. (instead of the fluffy white frosting). (I use Ghirardelli semi-sweet for the ganache):
Devil's Food Cake with Fluffy White Frosting at Godiva.com
518-z.jpg
That looks fantastic!!

Today i'm making Alix's cranberry oat squares, only i'm using cherry pie filling instead of cranberry... I've made these many times now and am thankful Alix shared this recipe... YUM YUM YUM that's all I can say...

I wasn't happy with this recipe. I got it from Land O Lakes site too!! Maybe if I use Alix's Lemon Cake recipe minus the lemon peel and proceed with the Caramel Apple concept it will be better.

May I have this recipe please? I'm very curious about, the 'name' sounds good and my daughter likes caramel a lot!
Thanx, Simona

Well, after hitting a baking home-run over the weekend with my banana cake w/ cream cheese frosting, I have decided to shelve goody-baking for a while. I have been on a weight loss journey for a year and am close to goal. With the holiday goodies, etc. it has been tough for me to stay on my plan lately. So I will resume at some point in the near future, but I cannot keep this things around right now. I have no willpower when it comes to baked goods!:rolleyes:

Baked mac n cheese last night which was super cheesy and yummy,and made my quick moist yellow cake again with a pink colored whipped cream frosting this time.It looked so pretty and tasted heavenly,mom and dad were visiting and they loved it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom