What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alix's Lemon Cake. I think I will make a half a batch of Lemon Butter Cream Frosting this time.

I just pulled a lovely baked custard out of the oven. I made it with splenda so it's not too decadent. The trouble is that I can never wait for it to cool (and it takes forever to cool) before I dig into it. Luckily I am the only person in the house who likes it. So once it is cool, it is all mine. I'm so selfish!

I baked a Banana Bundt Cake this morning. First time I made it and it's on the cooling rack. Hope it tastes okay.

I wasn't happy with this recipe. I got it from Land O Lakes site too!! Maybe if I use Alix's Lemon Cake recipe minus the lemon peel and proceed with the Caramel Apple concept it will be better.

i made this recipe this evening. i too did not like the cake part. too coarse for my taste. you may be onto something with the lemon cake recipe. i would just leave the lemon zest in it. will let you know if i want to make another right away. :chef:

i made this recipe this evening. i too did not like the cake part. too coarse for my taste. you may be onto something with the lemon cake recipe. i would just leave the lemon zest in it. will let you know if i want to make another right away. :chef:
If you make it before I do, let me know.
I am itching to make "Scalloped Pineapple" again. I bought some sourdough bread tonight. I might try that. I think the fact that it is a heavier bread it might stand up better then the store brand cheap bread I used last time. I will let you know.

Tonight I made "French Bread Rolls to die for". I added a egg white wash and sprinkled on some dried onions.

patti, i just found a recipe for cinnamon apple coffee cake. it uses a yellow cake mix. think i will use up the rest of my apples and make that. not really into the labor intensive upside down cake. if i like it will send recipe to you.

patti, i just found a recipe for cinnamon apple coffee cake. it uses a yellow cake mix. think i will use up the rest of my apples and make that. not really into the labor intensive upside down cake. if i like it will send recipe to you.

Ok, sounds good.

I'm going to be making jello poke cupcakes for the bf's poker game. I have leftover crab dip for them from a party over the weekend (I made a double batch and saved half on purpose), and I might put out some cheese and crackers or something too

I'm going to be making jello poke cupcakes for the bf's poker game. I have leftover crab dip for them from a party over the weekend (I made a double batch and saved half on purpose), and I might put out some cheese and crackers or something too

my son is 53 years old and still loves mom's lemon poke cake. he requests it most years on his birthday. good job skittle:chef:

I have made the poke-cake often, but never thought to make poke-cupcakes! Thanks for the idea. Another good one to make with the grand-kids. I hope I can get together with them soon. I am getting so many new ideas!

babetoo said:
my son is 53 years old and still loves mom's lemon poke cake. he requests it most years on his birthday. good job skittle:chef:

The cupcakes turned out great! They didn't have cake mix at the convenience store by my house (my bf took my car to work because he is getting his fixed) so I made the cake mix from scratch, used strawberry jello, and cut up some strawberries I had in the freezer (1 cup for 12 cup cakes). The thing that I thought was outstanding though, was the frosting. I had some regular white, vanilla frosting leftover from frosting sugar cookies over Christmas, and I mixed it about half and half with home made whipped cream. I whipped the cream so it was pretty thick. It is amazingly delicious. Soft and fluffy, but with more of a frosting flavor. To die for!! I think this is my new favorite frosting, and I was just trying to use it up ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom