What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the recipes for the double decker brownies and the sour cream lemon cake out there anywhere? I'd like both of those please.

And I didn't get to the bread yesterday so that on the list for today.

Made one loaf of N.Y. Times bread and 3 1/2 dozen malted milk cookies. The bread came out perfectly...as usual.

This is the first time making the cookies. The dough is very like chocolate chip cookies, but Whoppers (malted milk balls) are crushed up in the blender and added to the dough, along with chocolate drink mix (think Quik). The cookies are really good. Nice and crunchy. The recipe came out of Taste of Home - The Ultimate Cookie Collection.

I only baked some buttermilk biscuits for dinner to go with my pot roast, but I also finished off my cupcake samples with three different types of buttercream - standard, white chocolate and cream cheese.

OK, my ignorance is showing again. By supremes, do you mean the orange segments? I need to know because I'm ready to make this fabulous concoction right now!!!:)

sorry, just seeing this now. yep, those segments in between the see through white skin stuff in between them. It was wonderful and an unexpected treat than the usual.

and I must say, those biscuits, d*a*n*g.........sooooo good

Two kinds of biscotti: Almond and a northern Italy biscotti using corn meal with currents and lemon for flavor. I also made some peanut brittle with a chocolate coating, and I'm baking an herbed chicken now to put in a puff pastry container tomorrow for lunch. :pig::chef::pig:

I just did a batch of smartie cookies. They were sort of a creation, did a basic cookie dough, added some oatmeal and the rest of the smarties and baked them up. Yummy.

Looking forward to the double decker brownie recipe too!!

I just started some pastry for a sweet tart (chilling in fridge). I'm going to fill it with vanilla pastry cream and bananas for a banana cream tart...company for dinner tonight.

whole wheat bread for sandwiches, and BROWNIES. We just got invited over to some friends for dinner tomorrow evening, so I have the perfect excuse to make brownies,:LOL: new recipe for me, taken off the bag of Penzey's dark cocoa. Beaters tasted pretty good :)

I baked some "shake and bake" styled chicken drumsticks today.......can't find shake and bake packages here but found a copycat recipe online that used crushed cornflakes and spices and it was great and I was able to regulate the amount of salt which was even better....just put a salt shaker on the table for people to use if wanted (none did)......I think that you can adapt most American recipes if you search long enough......and, yes, I do have a lot of time on my hands.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom