What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
babetoo said:
skittles, i missed that you were baking cupcakes. what a clever idea. my great grandkids would love it. thanks.

It does work really well. You just have to be sure to make plenty of holes so that the liquid can absorb quickly or it will run down the outsides. That is messy lol! Not to mention it makes the muffin cups stick to the pan and they are harder to get out :/

Cowboy cookies. Haven't made them for years. I'm using white chocolate, dark chocolate, and semi-sweet choc. chips and macadamian nuts...guess they are going to be "grown up" Cowboy cookies!

so i can use up some fresh apples, gonna make a quick rustic apple tart.

I found a recipe for apple cookies yesterday. Sounds good and healthy. I thought of you when I copied it.

Apple Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients

• 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
  • 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 cup finely chopped peeled apple
  • 1/2 cup raisins
Directions

• In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. In a small bowl, combine the egg, applesauce, apple and raisins. Stir into oats mixture and mix well.
  • Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.

Today I baked sunflower seed bread. I thought it would be a great opportunity to learn to use the 'raisin' setting on my bread machine, designed to allow you time to mix in raisins or nuts or whatever into your dough before rising the first time. Well, everything was going great... After several minutes of 'resting', and several minutes of 'kneading', it beeped nicely for me to add in my sunflower seeds, so I did, and then I thought, well, I obviously need to press a button to get it to continue. So, instead of looking up my bread machine's manual online and reading up on how to actually use the 'raisin' setting, I decide to use my intuition, which has NEVER been wrong before and pressed 'start' to get it to continue. Logical right? Well, unfortunately, the start button also doubles as the power button and that was the end of that cycle, short-lived as it was, may the memory of it live forever in bread machine cycle heaven.... So... I took the whole batch out of the machine, and finished kneading it with the kitchenaid, raised it, and baked it in the oven... And while it was baking, I looked online to learn how the raisin setting on my bread machine is supposed to work... oh... you don't have to press any buttons... really?! Really... After beeping, it continues the cycle on its own after one minute... really, I think that's a ridiculous design... I want a 'You May Proceed' button on my bread machine, please... is that too much to ask? ;)

With crumbles on top??:chef:

no crumbles on top, just brushed with melted butter and sprinkled with coarse sugar. i just had a bite and it is wonderful. though i think it could have used a little brown sugar in with apples and a bit more cinnamon. going to have a proper slice with no sugar added french vanilla ice cream. :chef:

1/24/11
Pizza topped with tomato paste thinned with water, crumbled sausage, bacon, green bell pepper, onion, fresh garlic, mushrooms, fresh parsley, herbs, spices, ground red pepper flakes, mozzarella, grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses.

img_963371_0_ff69ec0abdfdd6bebe89adc140b7a88b.jpg

img_963371_1_acf805382e771c2d71ccb92c4e79eafb.jpg

img_963371_2_91c9ab01ff2d0e0453f20ab5003abcc7.jpg

Sausage bread (browned sausage, fresh parsley, ground red pepper flakes, fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses and mozzarella) layered and rolled jelly roll style in bread dough. The bread got a little browner then I like but it was good.

img_963371_3_447c384604003a07a8f9b746d67eab33.jpg

img_963371_4_186df97f85a96007ba07b7c1eea0a812.jpg

Thanks to you guys..don't really know which one of you, I have been craving cinnamon rolls for , well, at least a month so today i finally made some. But I did it the easy way. I stopped at the pizzaria and got a ball of dough. Rolled some sugar into it then worked it just like regular cinnamon rolls. They are rising now. I also got a ball of dough to make a pizza. It too is rising. I have a feeling I'm going to be way high in carbs by the end of the day.

Made pizza for dinner tonight, used whole wheat flour for crust instead of All-purpose,and the crust was perfect,chewy yet soft,AND i didn't feel guilty after eating it,LOL...toppings were simple such as onions,tomato,lots of hot chicken chunks,red chili flakes,thyme,oregano,cheddar and mozzerella cheeses...

Attachments

• IMG_0930.jpg
    IMG_0930.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 175
I ended up working tonight so I didn't get a chance to bake off the cinnamon rolls till an hour ago. OMG...they are the best I have ever made. I put a pan of water in the oven with the rolls so they wouldn't get too hard (something I just learned about). They came out of the oven absolutely beautifully. I smeared them with a cinnamon hazelnut glaze and ate one right away. Then I ate another. How in the world am I ever going to be able to save any for dh and dd?! I should have made a triple batch!

First time using something with power to make banana nut bread. I like it. No more wooden spoon and mixing bowl.

Attachments

• banana nut bread.jpg
    banana nut bread.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 156
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom