What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my four year old great granddaughter will be baking together today. we are going to make red velvet cake and a few cupcakes. we have fancy cupcake holders. lots of sprinkle on pink frosting. i bought her a chef outfit. so cute. chef's hat, apron, hot pan holder and hot pan holder mitt. and a wooden spoon. she loved it so much she wore it to lunch at the olive garden. adorable.

How cute! Have fun!

guests tomorrow night. made a lemon poppy seed cake. and cornbread. just need to put a glaze on cake.
You are going all out! Now I have figured out that you are having twice-baked potatoes, cornbread, lemon poppyseed cake, but what is the protien on the menu for tomorrow night? What time should I be there?! ;)

Nevermind babetoo, I just saw your post on another thread, and see that you are having pork. YUM. I am still coming! :LOL:

Not technically baking, but I'm making these for the upteenth time. I do some in semisweet chocolate and some in milk chocolate. They're insanely addictive:
DARK CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER CRACKER COOKIES
Super Easy Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cracker Cookies | chocolate & carrots

Awwww, merstar. Now you've done it. I saw the chocolate/pbcc recipe the other day and had managed to almost forget it, but there they go, dancing around, thumbing their little chocolatey noses at me. Guess I'll have to try them after all. ;)

Awwww, merstar. Now you've done it. I saw the chocolate/pbcc recipe the other day and had managed to almost forget it, but there they go, dancing around, thumbing their little chocolatey noses at me. Guess I'll have to try them after all. ;)

Go for it!

Tonight I'm making coffee/espresso muffins with streusel topping - adapted from Medaglia D'Oro. (I use Bustelo instant espresso).

Just made the Apple Struesel Cake from joyofbaking.Made whipped cream with it, and just had a slice with a big dollop of whipped cream.Its very very good!

We had orange creme pie last night, and since I am off of work today, I will be making cookies and maybe bread too! :)

I made a loaf of Italian bread yesterday.
I've got the shape down, the crust down, the taste down, the chewiness down and the doneness down, just gotta work on the holes, or lack of I should say :wacko:
Making some mini loaves of banana nut bread today.

:chef:I tried a new recipe for chocolate chip cookies. I have neever seen one with molasses in them. It turned out really good, so I thought I would be nice and "pass the plate." Here they are:

1 # butter, softened
2 eggs
1 T. molasses
2 t. vanilla extract
1/3 cup water
1-1/2 c. sugar
1-1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
1 t. baking powder
1-1/2 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
5 c. flour
12 oz. 60% chocolate baking chips

Oven to 375F. Cream butter, eggs, molasses, vanilla and water in medium bowl. In large bowl, combine sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour. Add moist mixture to dry mixture. Add chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoons on ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 8 mins or until light brown around edges. Makes about 8 dozen!

I won't have to make cookies for awhile. I will freeze some for sure.

Enjoy!

I am not baking today. Too busy plowing snow. I need to get out and go to the office tomorrow. Although I enjoyed my snow day today.

I made a loaf of banana nut bread this morning

Attachments

• banana-bread.jpg
    banana-bread.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 315
mmm... I never got around to mine. There was too much snow to move and anything in the kitchen got put on the back burner. Well, not literally, but figuratively ;) Can I have some of yours?

Absolutely, come on down and get some! It was a beautiful day here today. A little windy but it was 76° and sunny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom