What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All ready to eat..

Mmmmm...good texture, chewy, puffy, moist, not too sticky, not dry, maybe could add abit more walnuts, maybe a tad more cinnamon (maybe hotter type)

They look absolutely WONDERFUL!! They would be great for breakfast sunday morning breakfast. Makes me want to throw my diet to the wind this weekend & stir up a batch. Thanks for the recipie.;)

Orange creamsicle cheesecake. I am working on this recipe to duplicate the flavor of an orange creamsicle, I think I am almost there.

SG1L0177.JPG

I would love the recipie too!....................What a great dessert for a spring ladies lucheon.

It tasted good but a little "boozey" (has cointreau in it) thinking if it sets in the fridge longer the flavor will mellow. I'll give you an update.

I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies about an hour ago, per my 7 year old's request...

Attachments

• image-850621786.jpg
    image-850621786.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 193
sounds wonderful. probably wouldn't do a diet any good. i have given up on the diet, was making me crazy. still cutting as much fat and sugar as i can, and eating sensible portions. that will have to do.

I tried a new recipe and made a coconut layer cake yesterday which turned out surprisingly delicious and moist, filled and frosted it with white and purple home made buttercream frosting...yumm...

Attachments

• IMG_1190.jpg
    IMG_1190.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1195.jpg
    IMG_1195.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 146
Three 6.5 - 7.5 ounce club rolls for breakfast with egg salad and bacon.

4 1/2 ounce each milk & water
1 1/2 tsp dry yeast
1 1/4 tsp diastatic malt
1/2 tsp salt
2 3/4 cups bread flour.

Five minutes kneading, 15 minutes rest, form into three club rolls, 20 minute rise.
Bake 35 - 40 minutes @ 385F

Last edited:
I tried a new recipe and made a coconut layer cake yesterday which turned out surprisingly delicious and moist, filled and frosted it with white and purple home made buttercream frosting...yumm...

That cake looks fantastic! I would love the recipie :chef:

Three 6.5 - 7.5 ounce club rolls for breakfast with egg salad and bacon.

4 1/2 ounce each milk & water
1 1/2 tsp dry yeast
1 1/4 tsp diastatic malt
1/2 tsp salt
2 3/4 cups bread flour.

Five minutes kneading, 15 minutes rest, form into three club rolls, 20 minute rise.
Bake 35 - 40 minutes @ 385F
What is diastatic malt?

I posted this in the brownie forum also. But maybe someone will see it here before there. I have a TNT Frosted Brownie recipe which calls for unsweetened bakers chocolate, sugar, shortening etc. I would like to cut down the sugar (in the brownie AND the frosting) so as to get a less sweet brownie BUT I don't want to hurt the integrity of the finished brownie (IE I don't want the texture and mouth feel to suffer). Can this be done? And do I have to compensate in some other way for the decreased sugar volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom