"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #1891
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to Deathbysoup
Strawberry banana muffins

Old 04-02-2009, 07:53 PM   #1892
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I just sliced some lemons paper thin and have them macerating in sugar. Tomorrow I'll make some pate brisee and turn the whole thing into a Shaker lemon pie.

I'm taking it Saturday to my brother's house for dinner. He's having ham, etc., so I think it'll be a great spring addition to the meal.

Old 04-03-2009, 05:54 PM   #1893
Assistant Cook

I'm going to be baking Nut Toccis tomorrow, I want to bake something tonight when I get home, but I'm not sure what as of yet.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:00 PM   #1894
Certified Cake Maniac

I thought I would just pop in from my busy schedule to let you know what I have been busy with! Wednesday I made 3 loaves of Dave the Baker's incredible butter pecan bread. But I think in tripling the recipe I left out a cup of flour and while they taste fine, aren't good enough for my catering event (a ladies' tea tomorrow). So, we have lots of it in our freezer for us and I made three more perfect loaves yesterday!

I make some oatmeal ginger muffins this morning, and will make more now, as well as 4 dozen cranberry orange muffins. All I have left is tomorrow I will whip the cream cheese with fresh strawberries and a little balsamic and dark brown sugar, and some some plain cream cheese as well as butter.

The house smells wonderful, but Dad, who is diabetic and DH who is on a basically gluten free diet haven't been too thrilled LOL!!!! I told them once it is over I promise to make something each of them can eat!

By the way Dave, the tea organizing committee chairperson loved the tasters of your loaf so much, that none of the others on the committee got any! Oh well, there is always tomorrow!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 04-03-2009, 11:48 PM   #1895
Chef Extraordinaire

Making extra large chocolate chip cookies,once nice and cool will fill with chocolate chip ice cream wrap and freeze...The kids should love these, plus I'm getting things together to make a Pain De Mie with a recipe from Katie E. Can hardly wait to get started, I'm so looking forward to this bread.
kadesma
Old 04-04-2009, 10:24 AM   #1896
Sous Chef

Nothing, but I like what all you there are baking.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:28 AM   #1897
Everymom

My youngest made chocolate chip cake yesterday night so thats changed my plan today. I was going to make a strawberry pie, but now I will just slice up a pile of strawberries, shake a little sugar over them and serve them in pretty dishes with a dollop of fresh whipped cream.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:17 PM   #1898
Executive Chef

I have to make more of the base for Alix's Granola as I ate most of it yesterday. All that is left is the dried fruits. I have lots of lemons, so will try to find a recipe for Katie E's Shaker Lemon Pie.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:49 PM   #1899
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I thought I would just pop in from my busy schedule to let you know what I have been busy with! Wednesday I made 3 loaves of Dave the Baker's incredible butter pecan bread. But I think in tripling the recipe I left out a cup of flour and while they taste fine, aren't good enough for my catering event (a ladies' tea tomorrow). So, we have lots of it in our freezer for us and I made three more perfect loaves yesterday!

I make some oatmeal ginger muffins this morning, and will make more now, as well as 4 dozen cranberry orange muffins. All I have left is tomorrow I will whip the cream cheese with fresh strawberries and a little balsamic and dark brown sugar, and some some plain cream cheese as well as butter.

The house smells wonderful, but Dad, who is diabetic and DH who is on a basically gluten free diet haven't been too thrilled LOL!!!! I told them once it is over I promise to make something each of them can eat!

By the way Dave, the tea organizing committee chairperson loved the tasters of your loaf so much, that none of the others on the committee got any! Oh well, there is always tomorrow!
the oatmeal ginger muffins sound wonderful. would love to have the recipe.
babe too
Old 04-05-2009, 12:01 AM   #1900
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loprraine View Post
I have to make more of the base for Alix's Granola as I ate most of it yesterday. All that is left is the dried fruits. I have lots of lemons, so will try to find a recipe for Katie E's Shaker Lemon Pie.
Loprraine, look in at my post #6 in this thread. That will direct you to the recipe for the pie. It was FANTASTIC. The pate brisee was awesome, too. This recipe is a definite keeper.

Closed Thread

Tags
rye bread