What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PrincessFiona60 said:
I had to do something with all the rhubarb I got from my friends.:LOL:

I had a custard rhubarb crisp at a friend's house over the weekend. It was so good. She didn't send any extra rhubarb home with me. I wish I could help you use up yours.

I want to make a peach cream pie, but the peaches aren't ripe yet. They are in a brown bag, but just still not as ripe as I want them to be. It didn't stop me from eating one this am to see if they were ripe enough. I was disappointed-it was not quite ripe.

My first red tomatoes of the season are finally ready to pick so I picked some of the last of the lettuce from the garden along with the tomatoes and made some honey wheat bread this morning so I could have some really good BLT's for lunch today. DD asked me if I was going to raise hogs next year and make my own bacon :glare:

Attachments

• bread06092011.jpg
    bread06092011.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 162
  • BLT06092011.jpg
    BLT06092011.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
My first red tomatoes of the season are finally ready to pick so I picked some of the last of the lettuce from the garden along with the tomatoes and made some honey wheat bread this morning so I could have some really good BLT's for lunch today. DD asked me if I was going to raise hogs next year and make my own bacon :glare:

Ok, that's it. I am packing up and moving south and in with Mama. That looks great!!!:chef:

Mama, your bread is beautiful! And...did I hear you had a birthday? Happy belated birthday! I may have to make a cake today in celebration! :D

I made puffed wheat squares. I don't think that counts as baking though.
Are those like rice kripie treats? I just made chocolate peanut butter rice krispie treats but I guess that technically that is not baking.

Sort of like rice crispy squares. You use 1/2 cup of butter, 4tbsp cocoa, 1 cup brown sugar and 3/4 cup corn syrup. Melt those on the stove til they bubble then pour them over about 11 cups of puffed wheat and smash it all into a 9x13 pan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom