What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I haven't, but after I got home yesterday I was researching them on the internet. But hearing from someone first hand that they work helps. Thanks. The cake I am doing this week is cheesecake but next time I am at my supply store I am definitely going to buy a baking core for the future!
:)You will very happy with them they a totally necessary for the big layers.

bittersweet chocolate raspberry chip cookies.

1 1/2 c flour
t salt
1/2 t soda
1/2 t powder
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c brown sugar
1 jumbo brown egg
t vanilla
1 stick butter
package chips.
blend all wet, blend all dry, mix together, add chips, bake 350° for 9 minutes.

I used Alix's recipe for lemon bars and substituted lime instead. Very very good. I especially like this recipe because the bottom layer is more like very buttery pie crust than cookie/cake. The bars come out of the pan easily, and they are delicious. Thanks, Alix!

I am starting my cheesecake marathon. Hopefully I will get two done today and two tomorrow, plus the toppings. I also looked in the cookie jar and it is empty so will probably do some oatmeal crispies (with coconut) or snickerdoodles.

I used Alix's recipe for lemon bars and substituted lime instead. Very very good. I especially like this recipe because the bottom layer is more like very buttery pie crust than cookie/cake. The bars come out of the pan easily, and they are delicious. Thanks, Alix!

You're very welcome. I think maybe I'll make them today myself. I have a couple of lemons I need to use.

Mmm...I think I'll try your recipe next time Alix. The crust of the lemon bars Amanda made (from the Krusteaz box) turned out very hard.

Today, I'm baking about four banana bread loaves to give away because I have about 8 bananas going brown.

Dina, you will love this lemon bar recipe. The crust is buttery and flaky and easy to cut and remove from the pan. Doesn't get soggy as it sits, either. I've tried the Cooks' Illustrated "BEST" Lemon Bar recipe and these are better.

WOW! Such compliments. Karen, thanks for the kudos. I'm definitely going to go make some. I'm craving them now. Hey...do you think they'd be good with 1/2 lemon 1/2 orange?

yes, my exact question, Alix------maybe I'm looking in the wrong area----I've got extra lemons, too, and they're so $$$$ here I don't want to waste them....Thanxxx

As for baking I'm making pizza for tonight (I made the dough yesterday and it's in the fridge---hubby is finally home for awhile........yeah!!

Well, we love lemon/lime bars! But our 5-year-old neighbor boy doesn't...he comes to our gate every day and calls "dulce, por favor" and we always give him a treat. Mexican treats are generally lower in sugar than ours, and he has developed quite a taste for my home-made cookies and brownies. Today, DH gave him a lime bar and he sniffed it suspiciously. When Jerry came back in the house, he looked around to see if we were watching (our windows are tinted, so he could not see in) and then fed it to his dog!

Last edited:
Well, we love lemon/lime bars! But our 5-year-old neighbor boy doesn't...he comes to our gate every day and calls "dulce, por favor" and we always give him a treat. Mexican treats are generally lower in sugar than ours, and he has developed quite a taste for my home-made cookies and brownies. Today, DH gave him a lime bar and he sniffed it suspiciously. When Jerry came back in the house, he looked around to see if we were watching (our windows are tinted, so he could not see in) and then fed it to his dog!
Ah Karen! lol A lot of our Mexican pastries do have less sugar than American ones. Apple or pumpkin filled turnovers are some favorites. I bet your little neighbor would love those. Better luck next time.

This cake (which, if the photo works, you should be able to see below) - or at least, I baked it yesterday and iced it today. I'm not thrilled with the job I did of icing it, I'm afraid. I just wish I could do it over. But, on the plus side, I know that it will taste good (it's a TNT sultana cake, and I ate enough of the trimmings to know it's good ;)).

Attachments

• Cake 005.jpg
    Cake 005.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 247
This cake (which, if the photo works, you should be able to see below) - or at least, I baked it yesterday and iced it today. I'm not thrilled with the job I did of icing it, I'm afraid. I just wish I could do it over. But, on the plus side, I know that it will taste good (it's a TNT sultana cake, and I ate enough of the trimmings to know it's good ;)).

It looks beautiful Stassie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom