What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much cocoa do you need? I can get it here LP and wouldn't mind picking it up for you.
Thanks, PF, but I am fine. I am going with the swiss cocoa for this along with bittersweet chocolate and semisweet chunks I think. I made a batch this morning and am just waiting for them to cool but so far I like the colour, rise and texture.

Also on tap is a couple of batches of my signature recipe as is in cake form. I may enter a competition for a black and white design and I am thinking of an old fashioned TV with an edible transfer of I Love Lucy! Who will get to eat this when I am done? No doubt the youth group - they are always happy to help out in that regard! :LOL:

You can't get Hershey's? I CAN get it I just choose not to because I prefer Fry's. Want me to send you some?

I am baking peanut butter banana muffins today. I can't seem to get rid of these bananas.

I try to eat a banana every day. I need the potassium. You can freeze those bananas. The skin will turn black but the meat will stay fine. I have done it many times. :yum:

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone. I got some Hershey's today - guess I just never saw it because I always go for Fry's like Alix. So, I am going to make the same recipe using Fry's, Hershey's and my Swiss Process and see which batch I like better. Stay tuned....:)

Thanks, everyone. I got some Hershey's today - guess I just never saw it because I always go for Fry's like Alix. So, I am going to make the same recipe using Fry's, Hershey's and my Swiss Process and see which batch I like better. Stay tuned....:)

My bet's on Fry's. I was disappointed in the Hershey's. Never tried any Swiss Process though.

Probably because it is DUTCH process :wacko:. I get it from Costco. I do like Fry's. It is all I ever used really.
Hahahahaha!!! That's hilarious! Isn't Fry's dutch processed? I thought there was a discussion here about it a while ago. I'm pretty sure it is.

Hahahahaha!!! That's hilarious! Isn't Fry's dutch processed? I thought there was a discussion here about it a while ago. I'm pretty sure it is.
It probably is, though it doesn't say it on the can (that I could see anyway). The Dutch Process that I got was lighter in colour, more red actually, and quite a bit more expensive.

I try to eat a banana every day. I need the potassium. You can freeze those bananas. The skin will turn black but the meat will stay fine. I have done it many times. :yum:

They are frozen, I am just finding that I have a ton. I eat a half of one after my workout everyday. I should stop buying them, or at least so many. Although my son loves the treats I make from them .

4 potato loaves, 2 dozen homemade cinnamon raisin rolls with orange icing. Love to make both of those!

4 potato loaves, 2 dozen homemade cinnamon raisin rolls with orange icing. Love to make both of those!

That sounds like it would be worth the plane ticket to SC. As for us we'll have shortcake tonight to go with the 4 quarts of strawberries in the fridge.

I think today is going to be a 'no cooking' day. I really need to get busy and do some cleaning. Last night I used my steamer to clean the bathroom floor. Today it is the kitchen. I also wiped down the chrome with a sanitizer. So the bathroom is done. I just pour about a quarter cup of bleach in the toilet bowl and that takes care of that.

I am getting a hankering to make some cinnamon rolls though. If I get the kitchen cleaned, I just may make some for Son #1. And I have some beef stew in the freezeer. Perfect excuse for using my mini pie maker. I still haven't use it. Just seasoned it and there it sits waiting for some love and attention. I have the pie dough sitting in the fridge. :yum:

Last edited:
Yesterday I converted my aunt's sour cream coffee cake recipe to muffins (something sweet for those who like sweet) and made cranberry-pepito muffins for those who like more of a "tart" muffin. I was going to do maple syrup-oatmeal, but I didn't have enough baking soda. Both were hit with the Board members at the AGM this morning. Sorry, didn't get pics and I'll have to play with the recipes again to make them ones I can share...I didn't measure everything...

Last edited:
joesfolk said:
That sounds like it would be worth the plane ticket to SC. As for us we'll have shortcake tonight to go with the 4 quarts of strawberries in the fridge.

Strawberries & shortcake, yumM! That was my childhood favorite, & haven't had it in years. Oh, I can't WAIT for strawberries to come in here. Love them any way I can get them like Bubba and his shrimp boat business in Forrest Gump. Won't be long now. AND my blueberries. Its been so warm here, I'll bet the blueberries are in by the middle of may. Usually it's June or July, but I don't think they will wait this year. First the strawberries then the blueberries. Anxiously awaiting the berries. :)

Strawberries & shortcake, yumM! That was my childhood favorite, & haven't had it in years. Oh, I can't WAIT for strawberries to come in here. Love them any way I can get them like Bubba and his shrimp boat business in Forrest Gump. Won't be long now. AND my blueberries. Its been so warm here, I'll bet the blueberries are in by the middle of may. Usually it's June or July, but I don't think they will wait this year. First the strawberries then the blueberries. Anxiously awaiting the berries. :)

My favorite guests dessert is the following;
A slice of pound cake (can be store bought)
Some pureed strawberry syrup ( made from pureed frozen strawberries in the blender)
A scoop of ice cream (strawberry or vanilla works just fine)
Whipped cream
Chocolate syrup
Repeat process. If you used strawberry ice cream for the first layer, use vanilla for this layer. Topped off with berry syrup, whipped cream, and chocolate syrup and sprinkles. This can be made with any in season berry.

Make the slice of pound cake thin. And the scoops of ice cream on the small side. This is a fillinig dessert. :chef:

My favorite guests dessert is the following;
A slice of pound cake (can be store bought)
Some pureed strawberry syrup ( made from pureed frozen strawberries in the blender)
A scoop of ice cream (strawberry or vanilla works just fine)
Whipped cream
Chocolate syrup
Repeat process. If you used strawberry ice cream for the first layer, use vanilla for this layer. Topped off with berry syrup, whipped cream, and chocolate syrup and sprinkles. This can be made with any in season berry.

Make the slice of pound cake thin. And the scoops of ice cream on the small side. This is a fillinig dessert. :chef:
Sounds DELISH!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom