What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The other day I stopped at a garage sale and bought two Duncan Hines Tiara cake pans. Today I am baking "scratch" pound cake in them and tomorrow I will fill them with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.

Remember the jingle?

"Can't help myself. It's Duncan Hines and nobody else!" :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Aunt Bea said:
The other day I stopped at a garage sale and bought two Duncan Hines Tiara cake pans. Today I am baking "scratch" pound cake in them and tomorrow I will fill them with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.

Remember the jingle?

"Can't help myself. It's Duncan Hines and nobody else!" :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I was just thinking about those tiara cakes the other day, I think that mom still has the pan.

I've recently started trying my hand at baking, and I've got to admit I actually enjoy cooking. And feel GREAT when I succeed at cooking something new.

A couple of weeks ago we went to church and tried this lady's Strawberry Pie and it was so delicious that I decided to come home and try my hand at it.

And it was a SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 551667_3188089137326_1118730100_32175532_262589170_n.jpg
    551667_3188089137326_1118730100_32175532_262589170_n.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 154
Jessica_Morris said:
I've recently started trying my hand at baking, and I've got to admit I actually enjoy cooking. And feel GREAT when I succeed at cooking something new.

A couple of weeks ago we went to church and tried this lady's Strawberry Pie and it was so delicious that I decided to come home and try my hand at it.

And it was a SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it was! Looks fantastic!

I havr some no knead dough in a bowl along wit the other ingredients to try making some or I should say 6 fat cheese burger buns...Tjis is my first go at this wish me luck:yum:
kades

Coconut pecan cookies! YUM!

SG1L0271.JPG

Sugar cookies,peach cobbler,and with luck yeast rolls. busy, busy, busy:LOL:
kades

gooey peach cobbler, wondering why I only make this once a year during peach season, so so good! Got local peaches at the farmer's market. I asked for any that they thought were very ripe and wanted to get rid of, since I was using them today. They gave me 3 bonus peaches! They'll get my business again!

This is a southern style cobbler where you melt butter in a pan, pour a batter over the butter, then your cooked peaches over the top. The batter bubbles up and makes a top crust. To me it is like a big peach dumpling.

SG1L0314.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom