What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I made atomic pies with green leaves from my garden ...spinach, beetroot leaves, dill and feta cheese.

Today seems to be my day for dilemmas. I have three bowls for my KA. A beautiful glass bowl that Son #3 gave me for Christmas last year, the original one that came with the KA that has no handle on it, and the one I bought that has a handle. I am giving one to my son's wife. One of the metal ones. But which one. The one I hate that has no handle or the one with. Do I take the higher road and give her the handle one? I often use two bowls. One for the dry ingredients and one for the wet. My hands are very small and trying to hold the handle-less one while scraping out the ingredients are a pain.

It is this dang streak on niceness in me that causes all these problems for me. Why can't I be mean like other folks? It sounds like she is going to get the one with a handle. DANG! I hate to give that one up. But after all, I happen to really like this daughter-in-law. She goes out of her way to make my son happy. When I bought the handle one, it only cost $19.99 at the time. Now it costs and arm and a leg plus the blood of your first born. :wacko:

Today I'm thinking about a few different things. The first dinner I will probably cook with be a beef Wellington and for dessert, something along the lines of a raspberry profiteroles with a lemon vanilla custard.

I was considering making some corn muffins today. I just got an unsoilcited copy of Cooks Country magazine in the mail and they have a recipe for yeasted corn muffins that sounds interesting. Of course, I will then have to make a big pot of chili to go with these muffins. :LOL:

I was considering making some corn muffins today. I just got an unsoilcited copy of Cooks Country magazine in the mail and they have a recipe for yeasted corn muffins that sounds interesting. Of course, I will then have to make a big pot of chili to go with these muffins. :LOL:

I hate it when that happens...:)

Today I'm thinking about a few different things. The first dinner I will probably cook with be a beef Wellington and for dessert, something along the lines of a raspberry profiteroles with a lemon vanilla custard.

Sounds wonderful :)

I started preparing green bean casserole, with bechamel sauce and bakon......

I am planing to serve it in gyro pita.

i already prpepared the dough for 10 pitas.

Today we made some Pasties, they were lovely :yum: They have mince beef, pumpkin, carrot, onion, potato and some gravy powder mixed in

Pasties.png

I just took chocolate chip banana bread out of the oven. Can't wait to have some!

image-2819941689.jpg

I can almost smell it from South Dakota!
Looks awesome!!

I just put 2 pies in the oven 1 ruhbarb & 1 strawberry ruhbarb

Not baking til its cooler outside but will be doing some vanilla crack and some chocolate crack (sort of a skor bar rip off) and I'll be making some rhubarb syrup for my honey too.

I have just baked some bananna bread, with a raw cane sugar and spice crust. The spices are cinnimon, ground cloves, fennel and some more. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom