What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A white cake my first but I want to put in ice cream so wish this first timer luck.
kades

I'm going to be baking a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, and red velvet cup cakes and a choc cake that I plan to decorate with fondant :)

Can't wait!!!

hahaha how about lunch? I need to buy ingrediants :)

My wonderful hubby bought me a kitchenaid for my b'day yesterday, so all I wanna do is use it :)

Last edited:
I love cream cheese frosting. It has replace buttercream as my favorite. Hate fondant. Cannot get used to the texture or taste. Anytime I attend a function where the cake is covered in fondant, it is the first thing to go to the side of the dish. :)

Last edited:
Lunch sounds great :)

Happy Birthday for yesterday, it sounds like you had a lovely day and what a great present that hubby bought you :)

hahaha how about lunch? I need to buy ingrediants :)

My wonderful hubby bought me a kitchenaid for my b'day yesterday, so all I wanna do is use it :)

Happy Birthday and Happy Baking. Next you will be wanting all the attachments that go to the KA. :chef:

OH sorry!! I should of said he bought the kitchenaid yesterday for my b'day that is Monday week! He is wonderful and let me have it early! lol

Good idea...drag it out, that is what I usually do :ROFLMAO:

I have just been to your blog and I love what you have been cooking!

Especially the chilli mud cakes and Orange and Poppyseed muffins look delicious :yum:

It's too hot really to turn on the oven but the zucchini PILE on the kitchen counter doesn't seem to be reducing on its own, so I decided to make some Zucchini Cupcakes with Caramel Icing. Wow! They turned out beautifully and the icing is to die for. I ended up with 2 dozen beautiful cupcakes, which will last us for dessert for most of the week. They look so pretty under the clear dessert dome on the kitchen counter.

It's too hot really to turn on the oven but the zucchini PILE on the kitchen counter doesn't seem to be reducing on its own, so I decided to make some Zucchini Cupcakes with Caramel Icing. Wow! They turned out beautifully and the icing is to die for. I ended up with 2 dozen beautiful cupcakes, which will last us for dessert for most of the week. They look so pretty under the clear dessert dome on the kitchen counter.

I know what you mean. I have a pedestal cake dish that is pretty on its own. But when I put a nice high chocolate cake on it, it is a complete site of beauty. :chef:

I baked a loaf of wholewheat bread today. I made the dough in the breadmachine and then baked the bread in the oven. It turned out quite nice. We were outside with the chickens (making modifications to their house), and had the A/C on, so I didn't really notice that the kitchen got too hot.

This is my basic wholewheat bread dough recipe for the bread machine:

1 c buttermilk
1 egg
2 T oil
3 c wholewheat flour
1/4 c chickpea flour
2 tsp yeast
1 tsp salt
~1 T sugar

I put the wet ingredients in first, then 2 c of flour, the salt, the rest of the flour and put the sugar and the yeast in a "bowl" on top of the flour. I use the dough setting and then let the bread rise again in the pan. I baked it for 30-35 minutes at 370 (the oven control needs to be replaced--it is tough to get the setting to be what I want). I took it out when the internal temperature was 190.

Attachments

• CWS_ww_bread.jpg
    CWS_ww_bread.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 148
Thanks, Kylie. It was supposed to be pita pockets, but I was holding a chick when I would've had to roll them out, so decided to go with a loaf of bread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom