What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I made some farewell cupcakes for a dear friend leaving work. Vegan cupcake with homemade raspberry jam and a buttercream icing with old English toffee essence

image-411972272.jpg

Mrs_Krock said:
I made some farewell cupcakes for a dear friend leaving work. Vegan cupcake with homemade raspberry jam and a buttercream icing with old English toffee essence

Oh my gosh those look wonderful. Maybe your friend won't want to leave after seeing those. ;)

I made some pita bread today in the bread machine.

1 c buttermilk
4 "glugs" EVOO
1 tsp salt
1 tsp (more or less) freshly grated pepper
1 c chickpea flour
3 c whole wheat
1 tsp (more or less) sugar
2 tsp yeast

Dough setting: Bagel (if too dry when mixing, I add more liquid--either buttermilk or water)

Baked on ungreased cookie sheet (after rolling and letting rise for about 20 minutes) at 415 for 7 minutes (the oven setting is a pain--I would prefer 425 and bake for 5 minutes, but we couldn't lock onto that setting--need a new thingy-magiggy). When I take them out of the oven, I pop them into a brown paper grocery bag.

Attachments

• CWS_August_4 003.jpg
    CWS_August_4 003.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 135
  • CWS_pitas 002.jpg
    CWS_pitas 002.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
I made some pita bread today in the bread machine.

1 c buttermilk
4 "glugs" EVOO
1 tsp salt
1 tsp (more or less) freshly grated pepper
1 c chickpea flour
3 c whole wheat
1 tsp (more or less) sugar
2 tsp yeast

Dough setting: Bagel (if too dry when mixing, I add more liquid--either buttermilk or water)

Baked on ungreased cookie sheet (after rolling and letting rise for about 20 minutes) at 415 for 7 minutes (the oven setting is a pain--I would prefer 425 and bake for 5 minutes, but we couldn't lock onto that setting--need a new thingy-magiggy). When I take them out of the oven, I pop them into a brown paper grocery bag.
C&P

What does putting them in the brown paper bag do?

C&P

What does putting them in the brown paper bag do?
It softens them. I've been known to make a trip to the LCBO just for the largest brown paper bag when I'm out of bags from the States.

Homemade pitas are so easy to make, especially when making the dough in the bread machine. I usually get 8-10 out of this recipe. I roll them quite thin--probably about 1/4 in. thick. I also make one where I grind oatmeal in the FP, and add that. I have a lot of pita recipes, but ww are my go-to ones. I've just started adding the chick pea flour.

I used to always make them when I hosted "spinning" afternoon (this was spinning fiber, not the exercise spinning). The gals were always so impressed when I took the pitas out of the oven and they were puffed up.

Last edited:
Heaven help all of us today. I made my first pineapple upside down cake. DH already got into it and wants more so we shall see what the others think. I've got to learn how to take pictures and post them. That way mistakes and wow this is great pictures can be shared.
kades

Fresh blueberry pie (blind baked pie shell, fresh blueberries and glaze) and a rhubarb loaf later when it is cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom