"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 06:32 PM   #2431
Certified Cake Maniac

Oh, Beth,
Can I have your recipe? I am hosting a bunch of teenagers and twenty-somethings for lunch in a couple of weeks and doing pulled pork sandwiches. Those would be perfect!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 09-22-2009, 08:18 PM   #2432
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethzaring View Post
now I want lemon bars
yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i got a burger!!

Old 09-23-2009, 08:33 AM   #2433
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Oh, Beth,
Can I have your recipe? I am hosting a bunch of teenagers and twenty-somethings for lunch in a couple of weeks and doing pulled pork sandwiches. Those would be perfect!
sure! I think I won something with this recipe in those Reiman Publications contests, you know those contests? where they get folks to give them recipes for free and then they publish a book with those recipes and charge $25 a book

This recipe is for a bread machine, dough cycle, and these rolls would be terrific for pork sandwiches, has a bit of a tang with the buttermilk...

1 1/4. C. buttermilk
1 t. lemon juice
2 1/4 C. whole wheat bread flour
1 C. unbleached bread flour
1 1/2 t. salt
2 T. sugar
1/4 C. oil
1/2 C. wheat germ
1/4 t. baking soda
2 t. baking yeast

Shape, flatten with a rolling pin, place on greased cookie sheet, rise about 1/2 hour, bake at 350*F for about 18 to 20 minutes.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:32 AM   #2434
Certified Cake Maniac

Thanks, Beth, this is perfect! But I won't take your recipe for free - let me know when you need a computer lesson!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 09-24-2009, 11:00 AM   #2435
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethzaring View Post
sure! I think I won something with this recipe in those Reiman Publications contests, you know those contests? where they get folks to give them recipes for free and then they publish a book with those recipes and charge $25 a book

This recipe is for a bread machine, dough cycle, and these rolls would be terrific for pork sandwiches, has a bit of a tang with the buttermilk...

1 1/4. C. buttermilk
1 t. lemon juice
2 1/4 C. whole wheat bread flour
1 C. unbleached bread flour
1 1/2 t. salt
2 T. sugar
1/4 C. oil
1/2 C. wheat germ
1/4 t. baking soda
2 t. baking yeast

Shape, flatten with a rolling pin, place on greased cookie sheet, rise about 1/2 hour, bake at 350*F for about 18 to 20 minutes.
i don't have a bread machine just a kitchen aid mixer. will it work for me?
Old 09-25-2009, 12:36 PM   #2436
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
i don't have a bread machine just a kitchen aid mixer. will it work for me?
I don't know if it would work. this recipe was developed for a bread machine. All the ingredients, except the yeast, sit in the machine for one hour before anything happens, so the most of the flour gets soaked.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:47 PM   #2437
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
My two best friends have their birthdays within 6 days of each other, so tomorrow night I'm hosting my "Annual September Birthday Dinner." Thankfully it coincides with cooler weather, so I don't mind baking this evening. The birthday cake will be Coconut Pound Cake.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:04 PM   #2438
Head Chef

A friend of mine is on the board of a local chamber music society. She was on the board last year, and didn't even know it! They had no meetings, she didn't get any emails, etc... So, this year she asked if there was anything she couyld do to help out with their season opener, Oktoberfest, on Sunday. They replied by telling her she needed to bring a Black Forest Torte, THREE German Chocolate cakes, and 10 DOZEN cookies!!!!!!
She has the cookies covered, and she used to make BF cakes all the time when she was a teen. I'm baking one of the German Chocolate cakes today, will frost tomorrow, and deliver to her house tomorrow night.
all from scratch... wish me luck!

Old 09-25-2009, 04:23 PM   #2439
Chef Extraordinaire

i think i will make pound cake. have a recipe that always turns out well and is quick to make.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:40 PM   #2440
Everymom

I'm making a chocolate raspberry torte for MILs birthday bash. Smells yummy in here so far.

Closed Thread

Tags
rye bread