What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you everyone.

Those Pumpkin bars look fantastic. Is your recipe posted?

Alright, I've got pie crust in the fridge right now :D I'm going to make mini pies (apple, blueberry, & one strawberry to use up the remaining strawberries in the fridge) :D

This is my first time making pie crust though, & I'm nervous.

lol @ "NEEDED". You go girl...high five...oops, your cast.

Very clever, mollyanne. I made a joke and didn't even realize it.

I had such a wonderful success with those two loaves that I've worked up the courage to attempt cinnamon rolls today.

My physical therapy (3x per week) is going very well and yesterday's session was especially productive, so I'm going to venture into "cinnamon roll world" today. I've made this particular recipe a zillion times so I'm quite familiar with it, which should make my task less problematic.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Here goes.....

Good for you, Katie...No Fear! Kneading dough is good therapy for your hand and more practical than the therapist's rubber balls.

Good for you, Katie...No Fear! Kneading dough is good therapy for your hand and more practical than the therapist's rubber balls.

Sorry, PF, I don't knead the dough by hand. Haven't for too many years. I let my bread machine do that.

At any rate, it's taken me most of the day to make the rolls, but they turned out fabulously. I used my old faithful recipe and, for some reason, they've never risen quite as high as these did today. Each one is at least the size of my fist and on the first rise, the dough lifted the top of the bread machine waaay up. They're absolutely huge. Can't wait for tomorrow's breakfast.

Sorry, PF, I don't knead the dough by hand. Haven't for too many years. I let my bread machine do that.

At any rate, it's taken me most of the day to make the rolls, but they turned out fabulously. I used my old faithful recipe and, for some reason, they've never risen quite as high as these did today. Each one is at least the size of my fist and on the first rise, the dough lifted the top of the bread machine waaay up. They're absolutely huge. Can't wait for tomorrow's breakfast.

Oh yeah:rolleyes:...well at least you have rolls. Anything normal you do with your hand is good therapy.

I'm going to bake elephant ears. I need to figure out how to make my own puff pastry it's getting expensive. I think I am going to make apple pie turn overs too.

SO is making her carrot cake and will attempt to decorate it like this:

Attachments

• carrot-ribbon-cake-recipe-ghk0412-th2.jpg
    carrot-ribbon-cake-recipe-ghk0412-th2.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 80
two whole chickens are baking in the oven right now,with lots of butter,rosemary, garlic,onion powder,salt n pepper, i have lots of potatoes,carrots and peas with them that will go in towards the end...

I had such great success making cinnamon rolls yesterday that I'm going to make a couple of baguettes to have with our soup tonight.

It took me nearly all day to make the cinnamon rolls with my hand limitations, but I persevered and ended up with a fantastic end product.

Today'll be a lot easier and, I hope, quicker. Here's hoping.

I made a chocolate zucchini cake last night. I really needed to use up the zucchini and I knew that others would eat anything chocolate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom