What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Made some beer bread to go with ribs!
Just took your pumkin bars out of oven and waiting for it to cool. I added a lot of spices to the batter - cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and some pumpkin pie spice. It is more of a pumpkin spice cake now. LOL DD helped and she wanted it spicy. She also wanted spices added to the cream cheese frosting. It smells wonderful.

Just took your pumkin bars out of oven and waiting for it to cool. I added a lot of spices to the batter - cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and some pumpkin pie spice. It is more of a pumpkin spice cake now. LOL DD helped and she wanted it spicy. She also wanted spices added to the cream cheese frosting. It smells wonderful.
First run of Bakechef's Pumkin Spice Bars. Man are they good!! Thank you for the recipe Bakechef.

img_1188997_0_c8b919b2f9c85c6617b4222292c4ad3a.jpg

img_1188997_1_4801f8cae75c8c39971650e101a6b06d.jpg

img_1188997_2_9baf29d3b880ec78f06a074cafe41eef.jpg

They look awesome! Glad you like the recipe!
Thank you. They are really moist. My dd helped me and we added a lot of spices to the batter and some to the icing. I think next time I will cut the sugar a little bit.

I'm making these:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...31870311.67171.105085702882079&type=1&theater

Only, I'm using chocolate graham crackers, dark chocolate, and adding some caramel sauce. If only I'd had had enough time to make homemade marshmallows...
These mini-s'mores are really good--especially with the chocolate graham crackers. I put caramel sauce on top of the cupcake, then added 1/4 of a square of chocolate, then the 1/2 marshmallow, then more chocolate...I had to put them away--I wanted to eat them all and I don't eat sweets!

Just put 2 pies in the oven: 1 ruhbarb strawberry & 1 ruhbarb custard. They are for work tomorrow.

simonbaker said:
Just put 2 pies in the oven: 1 ruhbarb strawberry & 1 ruhbarb custard. They are for work tomorrow.

Can I come to work with you tomorrow, SB? Love rhubarb!

Just made some chocolate chip cookies. I like the Nestles recipe but have to substitute some of the ingredients. The only brown sugar I can get is Muscavado. It has a slight molasses taste but works well. I can’t get chocolate chip morsels, well I can but it takes 3 1/2 hours round trip and by the time I get them home they have melted into a solid mass, so I get a solid piece of chocolate from a deli and carve my own pieces. By the time all the nieces and nephews get their share cookies are gone in 1 day.

BoracayB said:
Just made some chocolate chip cookies. I like the Nestles recipe but have to substitute some of the ingredients. The only brown sugar I can get is Muscavado. It has a slight molasses taste but works well. I can’t get chocolate chip morsels, well I can but it takes 3 1/2 hours round trip and by the time I get them home they have melted into a solid mass, so I get a solid piece of chocolate from a deli and carve my own pieces. By the time all the nieces and nephews get their share cookies are gone in 1 day.

Sometimes chocolate chunk cookies are better than chocolate chip!

YUM!!

Tomorrow I am making white chocolate chip cookies :)

I haven't made choco chip cookies in a long time. I like the regular basic cc cookies but I also like variations. Such as chocolate chocolate chips cookies, white chocolate chip and macadamia nut cookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom