What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't seem to stop craving those brownies. Do you use a scale for baking Alix? I have found that it saves me a lot of time. I usually have the brownies made up in 10-15 minutes. Knowing the recipe well also really helps.

We are going camping for a few nights. I made chocolate chip banana bread to take with us and maybe tonight I will make chocolate peanut bitter chip cookies to take as well.

I don't use a scale, and honestly the reason they were more work is because I can make my other brownie recipe without ever referring to the recipe! LOL. I will eventually make the double decker ones enough not to need the recipe for that either. Although Ken might kill me if I make them too often.

Today I'm in the process of the Boston Banana Cream Cake for Bugs actual birthday. Got the butter cake cooling now. I'll go make the custard in a little while.

This morning I baked those wonderful cinnamon rolls that JoeV posted. They are perfect! Made them up last night, popped them in the refrigerator overnight and then took them out and baked them this morning. I added some plump juicy raisins for DH and also used about 1 and 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour and 3 and 1/2 cups of plain white flour. (I was low on flour and didn't realize it until I got started. This recipe is a definite keeper - thanks, JoeV!
2464313243_3dac9ea369.jpg

Wow, Karen! Beautiful cinnamon rolls. I have been giving mine away so I have an excuse to make more, but it will have to wait until Saturday. We have a dinner guest on Friday evening, and DW asked me to leave the pan of six in the freezer for dessert. We'll take them out in the morning and pop them in the oven to warm just before dinner (Pulled pork sandwiches (my special slow cook 10 hour recipe) on my homemade hamburger rolls (3-1/2 oz) with fresh made coleslaw.) Hope you didn't get lost in all the parenthesis. :LOL:

As we speak i have two loaves of No Knead bread (New York Times) in the oven to replenish our stock. I made it last night about 10 p.m., and it went in the oven at 7 p.m. tonight. I sure do love that recipe since you don't have to babysit it on any special schedule.

Joe

Hi Joe - we've been giving ours away as well! Took some across the street to the neighbors and then some friends dropped by and we insisted they take some home. (They did not resist). I still have a pan of four in the freezer for Sunday breakfast perhaps. I will make them again soon - thanks so much for the recipe. Your Friday dinner sounds fun and delicious.

Wow, Karen! Beautiful cinnamon rolls. I have been giving mine away so I have an excuse to make more, but it will have to wait until Saturday. We have a dinner guest on Friday evening, and DW asked me to leave the pan of six in the freezer for dessert. We'll take them out in the morning and pop them in the oven to warm just before dinner (Pulled pork sandwiches (my special slow cook 10 hour recipe) on my homemade hamburger rolls (3-1/2 oz) with fresh made coleslaw.) Hope you didn't get lost in all the parenthesis. :LOL:

As we speak i have two loaves of No Knead bread (New York Times) in the oven to replenish our stock. I made it last night about 10 p.m., and it went in the oven at 7 p.m. tonight. I sure do love that recipe since you don't have to babysit it on any special schedule.

Joe

Joe, is this recipe posted somewhere? And I know that this isn't thread related but could you possibly PM me your pulled pork recipe? That is if you don't mind sharing your secret!

I got up at 3:30 to start making some caramel rolls to have ready for DH when he gets home from work at 6:30. It's our anniversary today. :)

Thanks! I can't think of anything more fun than a smile from a suprise.
He brought home chocolate. WHat a breakfast!!!!

I'm baking hot dog and hamburger rolls today because we're almost out. I had the afternoon free, so I thought I'd maximize it. Got the laundry all done so DW will be surprised when she gets home late tonight. Since we became empty-nesters, I've become more domestic and don't mind helping out with household chores, cooking and baking in particular, and I don't even have to be asked. And before anyone asks, NO, I'm not available for loan or to be used as an example for your DH to feel guilty. After 35 years I know which side my bread is buttered on.:rolleyes:

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom