What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday Steve and I made some lovely Lemon Tarts :yum:

We made everything ourselves, the sweet shortcrust pastry is wonderful and the lemon filling we made was to die for :yum:

Yesterday, crunchy-edged red velvet cake (baking mishap).:(
Today, sweet potatoes - no crunchy edges!!:)

Just put a small apple crisp in the oven. You would think since I had the day off that I could muster up more than that. But, feeling oh so lazy today!

Early this morning I baked a chocolate-red wine bundt cake. I put a whole cup of chocolate chips in it, so it doesn't need frosting, just a dusting of confectioner's sugar and maybe a dollop of whipped cream.

I'm making pumpkin pie and chocolate pie.

I need to make a chocolate cream pie with real whipped cream on top for my son. (I am tired of calling him Son #1, so his name is Spike.) He has been so good to me this past year. He deserves somethinig special, and for him that is his favorite food. Anything chocolate. It is hard to find a half pint of heavy cream in my neighborhood, so I will whip up the whole pint, use what I need to and give the rest to him to just eat. Before I do myself. I love real whipped cream. :angel:

Addie, will you be making chocolate ganache?

No. I make chocolate pudding from scratch. With the corn starch and milk, lots of stirring on low heat. Just like when he was a kid. He always got the spoon and the pan to clean out. Of course I always had to leave a little in the pan. He still loves his mommy's cooking. :angel:

I bet Spike will appreciate it!

He was here just a short while ago. I told him I was going to make it and he reminded me to leave some in the pan with the spoon. He will be here in the morning to take my laundry downstairs. I will make it while he is here. I have to call him early to remind him to pick me up some heavy cream. :angel:

I had the pumpkin and so did my son. Hubby doesn't like pumpkin, but loves the chocolate. And, yes, we also had whipped cream on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom