"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 04:34 AM   #2611
Master Chef

Old 11-26-2009, 04:40 AM   #2612
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I'm going to try my pumpkin custard with sour cream for part of the evaporated milk...see what happens.

Looks fantastic msmofet!!!

Old 11-26-2009, 04:53 AM   #2613
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I'm going to try my pumpkin custard with sour cream for part of the evaporated milk...see what happens.

Looks fantastic msmofet!!!
thank you PF
Old 11-26-2009, 12:24 PM   #2614
Certified Cake Maniac

A masterpiece Ms M!!!! I will be over shortly for my piece!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 11-26-2009, 12:26 PM   #2615
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
A masterpiece Ms M!!!! I will be over shortly for my piece!
thank you LP!!
Old 11-26-2009, 12:39 PM   #2616
Certified Cake Maniac

You are most welcome and Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, I made some out of this world olive oil chocolate chip cookies last night. I found the recipe on a blog and if I find the link again I will post it. They don't taste like olive oil but have a unique wonderful richness.

More cookies today and butter tarts (I have 4 orders for 5 dozen each plus need them for something I am going to Saturday).

Old 11-26-2009, 03:24 PM   #2617
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Pumpkin Custard update. I made two small ramekins for our breakfast along with the large custard pan. Okay, I swapped the evaporated milk, cup for cup, with sour cream. There is a very nice tart undertone and a creaminess I hadn't been able to achieve before. It does tend to take another 15-20 minute to bake, as there is more water content. But, it is superb and just right with lightly sweetened whipped cream. I also cut the pumpkin pie spice by about 1 teaspoon...fantastic, the spices are not overwhelming the taste of the pumpkin. I'll get a recipe written up, since I kinda just eye-balled the brown sugar.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:22 PM   #2618
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Pumpkin Custard update. I made two small ramekins for our breakfast along with the large custard pan. Okay, I swapped the evaporated milk, cup for cup, with sour cream. There is a very nice tart undertone and a creaminess I hadn't been able to achieve before. It does tend to take another 15-20 minute to bake, as there is more water content. But, it is superb and just right with lightly sweetened whipped cream. I also cut the pumpkin pie spice by about 1 teaspoon...fantastic, the spices are not overwhelming the taste of the pumpkin. I'll get a recipe written up, since I kinda just eye-balled the brown sugar.
Sounds great Princess F! I look forward to the recipe.

Old 11-26-2009, 04:22 PM   #2619
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Well, I made some out of this world olive oil chocolate chip cookies last night. I found the recipe on a blog and if I find the link again I will post it. They don't taste like olive oil but have a unique wonderful richness.
I made some a few days ago also - The flavor was great, but the texture was too cakey for me - I prefer chewy. Are these the ones you tried?
Olive Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies | The Crepes of Wrath
Old 11-26-2009, 04:30 PM   #2620
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by merstar View Post
I made some a few days ago also - The flavor was great, but the texture was too cakey for me - I prefer chewy. Are these the ones you tried?
Olive Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies | The Crepes of Wrath
Yes, Merstar, they are. I knew someone posted the link before but I couldn't remember. And now I remember it was you. I found the first ones I took out of the oven were cakey, but I took the next ones out sooner and they were very chewy and good. I think I baked them for 7 minutes. Oh, and I used large milk chocolate chips (Hersheys "mini kisses") and they really blended nicely with the olive oil.

Thanks for the link, both times!

Closed Thread

Tags
rye bread