What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laurie, I'm very sorry, I had to start the pie thorwdown without ya!
I made it Sat nite to serve Sun.
I wanted to get online yesterday and at least warn you of it.... sorry, I didn't even get a chance for a pic!!!
It was absolutely WONDERFUL!!! Whole thing gone in an instant. I even doubled it and put it in a 9x13!

Laurie, I'm very sorry, I had to start the pie thorwdown without ya!
I made it Sat nite to serve Sun.
I wanted to get online yesterday and at least warn you of it.... sorry, I didn't even get a chance for a pic!!!
It was absolutely WONDERFUL!!! Whole thing gone in an instant. I even doubled it and put it in a 9x13!

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: That's okay Suzi! I am glad you enjoyed it. Besides, you needed the practice making it before you go up against me and my French Lemon Tart!:rolleyes:

jake's baking us cake mix cookies, with me instructing him fer a few. lovebug.:wub:

Last edited:
I'm bored. Every time I try to do a chore the kids start messing with stuff and I'm not in the mood.
I think I will interrupt thier game of sharpening pencils and make some oatmeal raisin cookies with them. I'll clean at naptime. maybe.

I don't bake.
I do a birthday cake for the wife, and MAYBE 1 or 2 other safaris into
the scary world of baking a year.

So when I do bake, even if it is a box mix, I am proud.

Therefore, you will be subjected to the year's ugliest cake:

The Monster Mulberry 4 Layer Cake!

Last edited:
Got my baking done for tomorrow's Brat's & Burgers fest. Everyone is looking forward to the fresh rolls & buns more than the meat. :LOL: Big meatloaf-style burgers will be getting big buns... 3.5 oz. dough portions. Brats made with 2.75 oz. dough. The digital scale sure makes for nice consistency of size. Nobody should go away hungry.

Also have two loaves of NYT for dipping appetizers.

Joe
they look wonderful, Joe.

I don't bake.

Looks good to me ;)

I don't bake.

Looks pretty good, GF. I am sure it tasted incredible and that is what counts.

Okay, I have said it many times and put it off just as much, but today is a baking day. I need to use up some bananas so I will finally make the monkey bite muffins and need to make at least one batch of cookies but hopefully two.

Okay, I finally got my Monkey Bite Muffins made. I have posted the recipe and another picture here. I also have the dough and cinnamon sugar ready to make some snickerdoodles as soon as I finish cleaning up from supper.

Attachments

• MonkeyBiteMuffinsB.jpg
    MonkeyBiteMuffinsB.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
No baking for me today unless you count how "baked" I felt in the car as I was doing my shopping.

However, tomorrow will be another story. I have a whole head of roasted garlic panting to go into the starter for N.Y. Times bread tomorrow. Can't wait. Chopped rosemary is going to join the garlic. Yumm.

Bought some pineapple cake mix today to "create" some pina colada cookies later this week. Now...where's my rum?

Yum Laurie, those look so good!

Today is baking mania at our house! :w00t2:

Since I am packing the Kitchenaid mixer this weekend I'm baking for the last time for a while. I decided to make 4 kinds of cookies.

Double Dark Chocolate (these are my specialty and it's where I got my name "cookie master" !!

Oatmeal Raisin (my favorite!)

Peanut Butter (most Brits have never had pb cookies!)

And of course the classic, Chocolate Chip!!!

I'm baking for our landlords, my neighbors, the postman, my one friend here and our vet. It's my goodbye goodies for them. They have all made my stay here much more tolerable. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom