"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 02:33 PM   #3201
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
TinLizzie and PrincessFiona i'm totally with u on that! And i dont understand ppl who get annoyed with the ppl who easily get amused!
Count me in. People who get annoyed have little sense of humor and/or they are the kind of people who can't stand to see someone happy. Watch out for those, they will do anything to make others as miserable as they are.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:57 PM   #3202
Chef Extraordinaire

no one, well not often, gets my sense of the absurd. always make me laugh though. i tend to be a bit sarcastic so have to watch it with some people. oh well i am amused.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:59 PM   #3203
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattY1 View Post
I am going to try out Ghirardelli Chocolate Walnut Brownies. The mix was on sale at Thanksgiving. I usually make them from scratch, but the box was calling my name as I walked by.
If I'm gonna use a mix, it will be the Ghiradelli mix. I bake from scratch otherwise, but the Ghiradelli are excellent.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:02 PM   #3204
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

I made these

Garam Masala-Chocolate Gingerbread Recipe : Aarti Sequeira : Food Network

They were good, and spicy. If you are a big fan of ginger these are for you. I opted for the chocolate glaze. The glaze is excellent, would be wonderful for donuts or bundt cakes, a great consistency.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:14 PM   #3205
Master Chef

^^^ Nice!
Old 12-07-2010, 06:52 PM   #3206
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
^^^ Nice!
Thanks!
Old 12-08-2010, 01:41 AM   #3207
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
I made these

Garam Masala-Chocolate Gingerbread Recipe : Aarti Sequeira : Food Network

They were good, and spicy. If you are a big fan of ginger these are for you. I opted for the chocolate glaze. The glaze is excellent, would be wonderful for donuts or bundt cakes, a great consistency.
Thank you, I snagged the recipe, love the sound of it!
Old 12-08-2010, 02:52 PM   #3208
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
can't bake anything . kitchen sink stopped up. (rooter) is coming. i am going to the dr. this afternoon. the gentleman that drives me still deserves a treat. so using micro, i made some eagle brand fudge. milk choco, with pecan and toffee chips.

that should do it, don't u think.
Man oh Man. If that doesn't do it, you might consider looking for another gentleman.

Re what I baked today: I was tasked (what a stupid verb) with making a batch of cookies for my DIL to take to her office -- I volunteered. I ended up making an old recipe for apple coffee cake instead. I haven't made it in years. Two issues: #1, it called for 4 apples, chopped. I swear they don't make regular size apples any more -- they're huge! I found some Granny Smiths at the grocery described as "Disney Mini's" that were the size of apples they used to sell. #2, While the end result was yummy, it's too gooey to cut into squares (as I intended) which might be a problem at an office. So I don't know if this will work or whether I'll be baking again tomorrow to get it right.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:30 PM   #3209
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post
Man oh Man. If that doesn't do it, you might consider looking for another gentleman.

Re what I baked today: I was tasked (what a stupid verb) with making a batch of cookies for my DIL to take to her office -- I volunteered. I ended up making an old recipe for apple coffee cake instead. I haven't made it in years. Two issues: #1, it called for 4 apples, chopped. I swear they don't make regular size apples any more -- they're huge! I found some Granny Smiths at the grocery described as "Disney Mini's" that were the size of apples they used to sell. #2, While the end result was yummy, it's too gooey to cut into squares (as I intended) which might be a problem at an office. So I don't know if this will work or whether I'll be baking again tomorrow to get it right.
Send along paper plates and plastic forks, it will get taken care of, guaranteed!
Old 12-08-2010, 04:13 PM   #3210
Chef Extraordinaire

not sure if nuts and bolts is baking. still gonna make this afternoon. will give to my son and my grandson. snacks for football watching. i just love that i have the energy for this kind of thing after a year of being ill.

Tags
rye bread