"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 06:21 PM   #3791
Chef Extraordinaire

i made date bars using splenda. not quite sugar free, applesauce had sugar. i used the recipe for currant bars. just used dates instead. had a bar while still warm. delicious.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #3792
Master Chef

It got to hot to bake anything. Maybe during the night.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:14 AM   #3793
Master Chef

Mamas Banana Blueberry muffins.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:23 AM   #3794
Chef Extraordinaire

i made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. really good!
Old 05-29-2011, 03:14 AM   #3795
Head Chef

making cinnamon rolls for brunch,they r in the oven,the house smells soooo good!
Old 05-29-2011, 06:43 PM   #3796
Senior Cook

Send a message via ICQ to Joshatdot Send a message via AIM to Joshatdot Send a message via MSN to Joshatdot Send a message via Yahoo to Joshatdot Send a message via Skype™ to Joshatdot
Josh's CCC Recpie

225g Sugar
225g Brown Sugar
8oz Butter
2 Eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar

500g flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
150g chopped walnuts
12oz semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375F

Place sugar, brown sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and vinegar in large bowl. Beat for 1 to 1 minutes, or until smooth.

Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat until blended. Add chocolate chips and walnuts, beat until combined.

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment paper'ed baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake at 375F for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from baking sheets immediately and cool on wire racks.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:49 PM   #3797
Head Chef

Tonight I'm baking a two-layer Devil's Food Cake with dark chocolate ganache from Chocolatier for my husband's birthday tomorrow.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:34 PM   #3798
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by merstar View Post
Tonight I'm baking a two-layer Devil's Food Cake with dark chocolate ganache from Chocolatier for my husband's birthday tomorrow.
That is my very favorite cake. My other favorite dessert is lemon meringue pie which is cooling as we speak. If I had to choose between the chocolate cake and the pie well, I don't think I could but since cake is so much easier to make than pie I only get the pie a couple of times a year. (Yes I know I can buy them but if they aren't home made they just taste like wallpaper paste to me. Totally not worth the expenditure in dollars or calories.)
Old 05-30-2011, 01:19 AM   #3799
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesfolk View Post
That is my very favorite cake. My other favorite dessert is lemon meringue pie which is cooling as we speak. If I had to choose between the chocolate cake and the pie well, I don't think I could but since cake is so much easier to make than pie I only get the pie a couple of times a year. (Yes I know I can buy them but if they aren't home made they just taste like wallpaper paste to me. Totally not worth the expenditure in dollars or calories.)
Those are my 2 favs also. I feel the same way about store bought LMP!! There is nothing like a nice tart made from scratch Lemon meringue pie. I hate the sickening sweet pie from the store.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:24 AM   #3800
Head Chef

im making and decorating 50 cup cakes for kids' school party before summer holidays...just got done with my royal icing cup cake toppers....they came out beautiful,in pink,dark pink,blue and white colors...so far so good!

Tags
rye bread