What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yum I love Key Lime Pie and Cheesecake, so double love when it is combined!!
And it looks beautifully presented as well, nicely done!

It tastes like key lime pie only better. The cheesecake turned out velvetty smooth.

I just put the recipe on my website along with a bunch of pictures I took while preparing it: Key Lime Cheesecake

Looks great!

A question though - you show flour in the picture and say to add it with the sour cream but you don't list it with the ingredients, how much should be used. Also, I notice you use White Lily Flour. Do you think those of us who don't have access to White Lily should use pastry flour? Or would bleached AP be a closer match?

Russ

Last edited:
Thank you for pointing out the flour. I didn't realize that I missed that. It's 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour. Any all-purpose flour should work fine. I'm just partial to White Lily. If you decide to make it let me know how you like it!

Last edited:
I too will like to get those recipes you share here pls i want to get it because I am new to this community i want to learn you guys.

I made chocolate chip cookies today, then my friend came over and we ate about half of them!! (This may be a slight exaggeration, but we ate a lot! What can I say? There awesome!!):chef:

going to attempt my very first angel food cake...wish me luch. with a temperamental oven i'm sure it will be an adventure.
I'm sure it will be great, meshoo. I have never messed up an angelcake and that's saying a lot. The key I think is having the right pan and make sure that every bowl and utensil is scrupulously clean so that there is no trace of oil or grease. The hard part is letting it cool before cutting it! Good luck.

I made Snickerdoodles today....part of a box we're taking to younger SIL's b'day dinner....there are 3 other kinds of cookies in the box...and I know from past experience with this crowd, they'll be devoured!!!!....LOL.....but, that's what I love!

Today I'm making a Rhapsody Tart. It's got a walnut crumb crust, a layer of raspberry jam, then a chewy walnut-coconut-brown sugar layer, topped with fresh raspberries, and gussied up with a raspberry glaze. It's cooling right now as far as the chewy layer.

I'll try to take a picture of it once it's finished.

I have NYT bread in the oven, flavored with sweet red pepper , onion powder, basil, ground flax , I forgot what else . :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom