"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 05:31 PM   #431
Certified Cake Maniac

Just going to do the last two cheese cakes for the wedding tomorrow (one is a do-over). Then I better make something for the cookie jar as I am starting to hear "when are you going to make something we can eat". You have to remember the other two members of my household are grown men, not little kids!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 04-25-2008, 08:27 PM   #432
Executive Chef

Hope they turn out well Laurie. Sounds good!

I made two different kinds of muffin today, one was wild bluberry (highly recommended) and the other was blackberry.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:13 PM   #433
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to meshoo96
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
(one is a do-over).
Is the do over the cheese cake or the wedding? LOL...

so what kind of cheesecake is your favorite?
Old 04-25-2008, 10:56 PM   #434
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by meshoo96 View Post
Is the do over the cheese cake or the wedding? LOL...

so what kind of cheesecake is your favorite?
Thanks, Meshoo, after a day in the kitchen cooking turkeys, making cheesecakes, toppings and dinner for the guys I really needed a good laugh!

The "do-over" is of course one of the cheesecakes. There really wasn't much wrong with it until DH decided to "test the top" to see if it was done and put half his hand through it. He swears it was an accident!

Hmmm, my favourite to be honest if it is a good New York Cheesecake is just some fresh strawberries on the side. I love the creamy texture and rich flavour all by itself with a hint of berry.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 04-26-2008, 10:57 AM   #435
Senior Cook

This weekend I am baking that Weight Watchers angel food cake with pineapple in it. I am going to a luncheon and the hostess told me to bring a low calorie dessert -- darn!!! I'm bringing fresh pineapple chunks and fresh strawberries to serve along with it. I'm going to try to slip in a little light whipped cream for a topper -- do you think the hostess will notice?? Ha!! Ha!!

Babe -- you mentioned pineapple cookies. They sound good and I love pineapple. Would you mind passing on the recipe? Good luck with the Splenda lemon bars -- let us know how they turn out.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:15 AM   #436
Senior Cook

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Thanks, Meshoo, after a day in the kitchen cooking turkeys, making cheesecakes, toppings and dinner for the guys I really needed a good laugh!

The "do-over" is of course one of the cheesecakes. There really wasn't much wrong with it until DH decided to "test the top" to see if it was done and put half his hand through it. He swears it was an accident!

Hmmm, my favourite to be honest if it is a good New York Cheesecake is just some fresh strawberries on the side. I love the creamy texture and rich flavour all by itself with a hint of berry.
Glad to be of service. I have those days all the time...today is a good example...LOL

Me thinks your DH did it on purpose because you didn't make HIM one. I'm sure my DH would do the same thing (though he is THE cheesecake chef in this house). I'm liking the simple cheesecake idea as I love fresh strawberries. Otherwise, DH makes a great raspberry one wit chocolate and caramel.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:19 AM   #437
Senior Cook

Today, we are having company over and one of them is a diabetic, so I'm thinking we might make something low sugar. DH made my mom's recipe for banana bread last week and it was delish and it doesn't have a lot of sugar, so we shall see. Otherwise, if home made pizza counts, that's all we will be baking today.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:28 PM   #438
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieshelly View Post
This weekend I am baking that Weight Watchers angel food cake with pineapple in it. I am going to a luncheon and the hostess told me to bring a low calorie dessert -- darn!!! I'm bringing fresh pineapple chunks and fresh strawberries to serve along with it. I'm going to try to slip in a little light whipped cream for a topper -- do you think the hostess will notice?? Ha!! Ha!!

Babe -- you mentioned pineapple cookies. They sound good and I love pineapple. Would you mind passing on the recipe? Good luck with the Splenda lemon bars -- let us know how they turn out.

auntie, pineapple cookies made with a pineapple cake mix, 1/3 cup oil and two eggs. bout 2 doz. 12 minutes in 350-375 oven. i think they need chopped cherries or dried cherries and nuts, pecans come to mind.

babe
Old 04-26-2008, 04:06 PM   #439
Cook

Today I am making my second batch of home made sandwich buns. First time, they were way too big, giant size, this time I plan to use scale to get smaller and equal size. I use recipe for quick potato bread, mix it in my Zo machine then take it out, shape and bake. First time I used onion bits on top of some and rest with sesame seeds. This time I used part whole wheat flour. First time was very tasty, looking forward to these. Also will throw in a pan of scalloped potatoes while the oven is hot.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:26 PM   #440
Chef Extraordinaire

just took my nytimes bread out of oven. it is just beautiful. the best of three i have made. used bread flour and a tad bit more yeast. baked in smaller corning ware cass. dutch oven was to big i think.

i am so pleased. also by passed the towel business and just put on no stick foil. did cover with foil and then towel for two hour rising. just used a little corn meal and put sesame seeds on it. lovely,

babe

Tags
rye bread