"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 10:28 AM   #5151
Chef Extraordinaire

I pm'd the recipe to kadesma. As I told her, I don't care for the search engine on The Chew. It is hard to find what you are looking for. So if anyone else would like the recipe, let me know and I will gladly email it to you. Even when you try to print out their recipe in print mode, you end up with two pages. Makes it hard to follow. So I have it rewritten on one page without all the extras. and it saves on your colored ink. Something I am every mindful of.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #5152
Chef Extraordinaire

Today I am going to make the dough for The Chew cookies and Pumpkin/Cranberry/Orange cookies for my daughter's party later this month. I will scoop them out with a dasher and place in the freezer, then place in a large zippy bag. Ready to go when needed.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:58 AM   #5153
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I made the dough yesterday for a batch of potato rolls. It's a yeast dough that has to be refrigerated overnight before the rolls are formed and allowed to rise.

I'll shape the rolls in a little while and set them in the prepared microwave to rise, then bake.

They're a surprise for Glenn's son, Kenneth, who fell in love with them during Thanksgiving. I'm making him a whole batch (18 rolls) as a treat.

We've been babysitting his dog, Baxter, and I'll give them to him when he comes to pick up the doggie.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #5154
Chef Extraordinaire

Many moons ago I purchased the baking spray with the flour mixed in. I was able to use it only twice before the whole can fizzled out and refused to work anymore. All the gas was gone and it never did spray enough flour to my liking. Most oil.

Have any of you had a problem with this product? Or if not, what did I do wrong. This happened when the product first came out. Was it just a glitch they had to work out?
Old 12-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #5155
Executive Chef

I made a chocolate-red wine bundt cake with some wine I didn't like, and now I have peanut butter cookies in the oven, which I made with a jar of Planter's Nut-Trition peanut butter I got from the supermarket free-fer-nuthin. It's got stuff in it that peanut butter shouldn't have, like sugar, sugar cane syrup and hydrogenated vegetable oils, but it does make good cookies!
Old 12-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #5156
Cook

I've bought it on the past and don't recall having trouble. Maybe it was just a bad can?
Old 12-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #5157
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Kat View Post
I've bought it on the past and don't recall having trouble. Maybe it was just a bad can?
That is what I was thinking. Or I could have just not read the directions right. I bought it when the product first hit the store shelves. Have been gun shy about purchasing it since then. I think I might just try it again.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #5158
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Kat View Post
I'm still going to either make that bread today or go to Macaroni Grill and buy some! I found a lot of basic recipes that don't use a starter which is fortunate. I usually have one in the fridge but don't right now. I'll post a pic elsewhere if/when I actually get off my dead end and make it.
If you want focaccia today, you can use a loaf of frozen bread dough that you find in the freezer section of the grocery store. Put it on a cookie sheet that you pour on a small amount of evoo. pour more on top of the dough then cover with plastic wrap, As dough defrosts using your finger tips press down and spread the dought. After it gets to the point where you can get it to start rising add move evoo and salt the top of the focaccia. you dont need a very large sheet when redy to bake oven at 325 bake for 20-30 min watch it o it doesn't get to brown. when done re-oil and salt. cool put in foil or I like to just leave it out. Enjoy. You can add rosemary fresh springs of tiny new stems, oregano, I even insert grapes all over it's wonderful grapes and baby tender rosemary, plenty of evoo and salt.
enjoy
kades
Old 12-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #5159
Chef Extraordinaire

Twenty minutes ago I got together all the ingredients needed for the Peanut Butter cookies. The brown sugar bag was solid. So I put a couple of bread slices in it, and the whole bag is now soft enough to use. Now I just have to wait for everything to come to room temperature.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #5160
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin_of_Beef View Post
I made a chocolate-red wine bundt cake with some wine I didn't like, and now I have peanut butter cookies in the oven, which I made with a jar of Planter's Nut-Trition peanut butter I got from the supermarket free-fer-nuthin. It's got stuff in it that peanut butter shouldn't have, like sugar, sugar cane syrup and hydrogenated vegetable oils, but it does make good cookies!
That all sounds nice to me

Tags
rye bread