"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 10:24 AM   #521
Head Chef

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there. It's been a busy morning in the kitchen and here's the outcome:

I'm fighting the urge to cut into the Italian Braid and try it out. It's loaded with herbs and seasonings, and topped with Asiago cheese. Only one more thing to come out of the oven, and that's the three mini loaves of banana bread. DW pointed out that she had been saving the bananas so I could make it for a friend of ours. Easy enough as long as the oven's hot and the baker is still fresh.

Time to relax before DD brings the lasagna.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:42 AM   #522
Head Chef

Your house must smell wonderful - you're a very talented baker, Joe.

Old 05-11-2008, 01:38 PM   #523
Everymom

I did banana bread and peanut butter bars yesterday. Doing a whole lot of nothing today though.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:52 PM   #524
Chef Extraordinaire

yesterday, made banana muffins, and started ny bread.

today finished up ny bread and made peanut butter choco (milk) chips. is there anything better that still warm cookies?

babe
Old 05-11-2008, 08:48 PM   #525
Assistant Cook

Im making homemade hamburger buns.
I let my bread machine doing to mixing and then finish in my oven.
This weekend I am making sourdough bread.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:27 PM   #526
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to meshoo96
No baking for a few days... I was the coordinator for a bake sale at work that ed the local Project Hospitality in NYC (an organization that aids the homeless and the elderly and poor). DH and I baked for it. We made 17 items in 3 days (ginger cookies, brownies without nuts, brownies with nuts, sugar free chocolate chip cookies with nuts, chocolate chip cookies without nuts, sugar cookies, rice krispie treats, chocolate cake, cardamom cookies, 7 layer magic bars, raspberry coconut bars, strawberry oat bars, almond lace cookies, sugar free lemon bars, vanilla cookies, carrot cake, banana pudding) for the sale with our little oven that tries real hard but has something against us (oven dial said 300, thermometer said 381...oven dial said 350, thermometer went to HI after 450). After that, I had to bake a cake for a friend's church's mother's day celebration. We need a break for a few days. Next week is a cake for a birthday. Business is picking up....
Old 05-11-2008, 10:04 PM   #527
Certified Cake Maniac

Wow, meshoo, you really do deserve a break! I hope the bake sale was a success. A young friend of ours is going to NYC tomorrow for two years to cook for an organization which is renovated an old hospital into a shelter for street kids. It is nice to know there are so many organizations trying to make a difference in a city that so needs it (not that all citys don't).

http://beinglydia.com
Old 05-11-2008, 10:09 PM   #528
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to meshoo96
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Wow, meshoo, you really do deserve a break! I hope the bake sale was a success. A young friend of ours is going to NYC tomorrow for two years to cook for an organization which is renovated an old hospital into a shelter for street kids. It is nice to know there are so many organizations trying to make a difference in a city that so needs it (not that all citys don't).
We raised $700 in 2 days. We had hoped to open it up to all employees in the building, but we were only allowed to sell to the employees. Considering we have about 400 in the office, I was hoping to do better, but we didn't have that many bakers and the committee decided the prices without me and they went lower than we could have gone. In the end, we sold for a total of 10 hours between the 2 days and everything sold.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:03 AM   #529
Senior Cook

Baking Day

Not today, Friday was my baking day.
I started off with Cinnamon Rolls. While they were rising I started my Bran Muffuns.
Today this batch was with Pineappla, Crasiens and nuts. (I usually use Bananas, nuts, raisins and applesauce)

When the muffine were ready for the oven, the Cinnamon Roll dough was ready to make up.
By the time the muffins were baked the Cinnamon Rolls were ready for the oven.

Note: I have tried and tried again and never learned. After todays exercise I will NEVER try to bake two pans of muffins on one rack at the same time. Anyone have a method for this that works?

While the Cinnamon Rolls were baking I got my Rice Pudding ready. I double a recipe from BH&G that don't require the water bath for baking.

Busy AM in the kitchen!!

Charlie
Old 05-12-2008, 02:13 AM   #530
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry View Post
Not today, Friday was my baking day.
I started off with Cinnamon Rolls. While they were rising I started my Bran Muffuns.
Today this batch was with Pineappla, Crasiens and nuts. (I usually use Bananas, nuts, raisins and applesauce)

When the muffine were ready for the oven, the Cinnamon Roll dough was ready to make up.
By the time the muffins were baked the Cinnamon Rolls were ready for the oven.

Note: I have tried and tried again and never learned. After todays exercise I will NEVER try to bake two pans of muffins on one rack at the same time. Anyone have a method for this that works?

While the Cinnamon Rolls were baking I got my Rice Pudding ready. I double a recipe from BH&G that don't require the water bath for baking.

Busy AM in the kitchen!!

Charlie

wow guess u have been busy.

babe

Tags
rye bread