What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
two loaves of NYT bread with rosemary, basil, onion powder, and 2 loaves of the Artisan 5 min a day olive oil -cheddar bread. All are sitting on the counter, resting before baking .

Two days ago, I made chocolate chip cookies and planned to put half in the freezer. But the rate at which DH is gobbling them up, none are going to make it to the freezer and it's time to bake more cookies! Maybe oatmeal with dried cranberries and toasted walnuts...

Mixed two batches of NYT this morning, and it's going thru its second rise as we speak. One loaf round and one in my oblong La Cloche.

Joe

Banana bread with dried fruits in it (papaya, mango and pineapple) I wanted to try something different by adding dried fruit to the banana bread recipe, instead of adding raisins or nuts. Not only that, I put it in a bundt cake pan instead of the usual loaf pan.

Just had piece of the banana fruit bread...oh so good !!

Last edited:
Another mag to look at is Cuisine At Home. They often offer good tips and recipes. Just like all the other publishers, they constantly try to get you to buy other things; I just toss them. Most of the mags today seem desparate so they offer recipes that are way, way out. Many of them I would never even try; too many oddball ingredients.

Baked 4 cupcakes:rolleyes: with my little one. He's home from school with a cold so asked if I could help him make some GREEN cupcakes. Why green? He only knows...lol. He put some green food coloring in the frosting and decorated them with sprinkles. I cut the recipe in half hoping for 6 cupcakes and only ended up with 4. Some of these recipes should provide the right number of servings. They taste so good though.

Ginger & cinnamon cookies

I didnt have any man shaped cutter so these had to do! :)

Attachments

• Image031.jpg
    Image031.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 185
  • Image122.jpg
    Image122.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 177
  • Image038.jpg
    Image038.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 188
Babe - Done that, too. I'm starting to think about Christmas cookies and even the thought makes me tired. Just walked DPD (dear puppy dog) in the park, so I think I''ll take a nap. The Christmas cookie plans can wait. 'Sides, it's too nice to work today.

Had the afternoon free so I'm baking two loaves of rye bread and some zucchini bread. Sweet bread and yeast bread gittin' along just fine in my kitchen today. Sure smells good in here. Wait till DW gets home...Hero time!:LOL:

img_691457_0_b61133d5fc3d29a1ce0ffc208ec3cbec.jpg

img_691457_1_72b12c5a16e27e57db7e7c464d2898a6.jpg

Joe

new york bread is driving me to my brink- i can't bake, i tried & hated baking, yet i hear 'bout bread practically cooking itself. should a baking-idiot try...

Luvs - anyone can bake. Three important factors, as JoeV will tell you - follow the directions exactly; don't skimp on ingredients and have PATIENCE! More bread gets ruined because the cook rushes things. If you like, I'll give you a very simple recipe for a baguette, that if followed will result in an excellent loaf every time.

Joe V - wow!!!! That bread looks amazing! Today my mom and I are making apple slices - she is on her way here - I can hardly wait - we make them ONCE a year and today is the day!!! Hooray!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom