What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only made it one other time...so I'm a little nervous...but it just sounds so good!!! I have to have it.

lasanga is so good.

let us know how it comes out.

the first time I made it. I didnt put egg in the ricotta and ohh wow was that thing watery. never made that mistake again.

My recipe calls for cottage cheese instead of the ricotta... though I almost bought ricotta today just to see what the difference was.

If im not mistaken and im probably wrong but

they are made the same pretty much but the cottage cheese has bigger curds.

I know ricotta is usually the left over stuff from making mutz.

now i really want to know how it turns out. Maybe next time ill do a mix of the too.

Made Honey Oatmeal Chewies for the church bakesale next week. They came out fantastic...crispy on the outside and chewie on the inside. I can't remember if the recipe came from here, but sure is a winner. In case it came from another food forum, here it is if anyone is interested in trying it.

Honey Oatmeal Chewies

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/4 cups butter flavored shortening
1 cup white sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
1 cup chopped pecans

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, cream together the shortening, white sugar, brown sugar and honey until light and fluffy. Stir in the milk, egg and vanilla. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the creamed mixture. Then stir in the coconut, oats, dates and pecans.
Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto unprepared cookie sheets. Bake for 11 to 12 minutes for soft cookies, 13 to 14 minutes for crispy cookies. Remove from oven and let sheets cool for a minute or two, then remove cookies from baking sheets to cool on wire racks. Makes 7 dozen cookies

My recipe calls for cottage cheese instead of the ricotta... though I almost bought ricotta today just to see what the difference was.

I know I posted this somewhere before..............

I was making a smaller amount so I bought Cottage Cheese, whirled it in my food processor in place of Ricotta. Used it the same way. And I had the left over Cottage Cheese to make a salad with. Cottage Cheese is cheaper too I believe.

Earlier today, I baked my MIL's raisin cake with maple frosting. It's a very old recipe and quite tasty.

I'm having a friend over to celebrate her birthday tomorrow.
Planning on making a chocolate layer cake later today. I think I will put some of my homemade raspberry jam in between the layers. It's the first time I've tried it but it sure sounds good!

I'm having a friend over to celebrate her birthday tomorrow.
Planning on making a chocolate layer cake later today. I think I will put some of my homemade raspberry jam in between the layers. It's the first time I've tried it but it sure sounds good!

Yes it does!!

Where have you been????!!!!

What else...2 loaves of NYT Honey Whole Wheat.

img_703404_0_91fc90351009e61097078b5bfce10bbb.jpg

2 loaves of Baquettes and one loaf of round bread ( Artisan 5 min a day) which has basil , onion powder , oat flour in it.

2 loaves of Italian and 5 loaves of NYT Whole Wheat today. Getting a jump start for the church bake sale this weekend. Got 6-8 to make tomorrow. Have to see how the time management works out.

improv. made a cobbler? with frozen strawberries and peaches cornstarch, sugar vanilla melt butter. put in square cooking dish. put torn pieces of crust on top and sprinkled with sugar. in the oven now. we shall see.:chef:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom