What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I made a pumpkin roll with cream cheese filling - first time for me and it came out very well indeed. Not perfect, but very well. Question - now what - other than eat it? :) Does it need to stay in the fridge? Seriously now, I don't know and an informed answer would be most appreciated!

my Mum buys pumpkin rolls from a lady at work & chills them.

The NYT sourdough is out of the oven, and I'm not particularly pleased. It's not at all like the regular NYT from the other day. It's compact and seems doughy. Too hot to slice yet, but I'm not expecting great things. Oh, well. It was an experiment, and not all experiments are successful. I'll try again sometime soon. Next I'll bake something I know comes out well.

Taste it before tossing it out. Often we are able to eat our mistakes!:LOL: For real!!!

JoeV

Don't bother buying the plastic wrap. I'll just pop over from Mentor and finish it off for you, That's what DC friends are for!:ohmy: I never met a pumpkin roll I didn't like.:LOL:

JoeV

Thanks for the suggestion JoeV but it looks like this pumpkin roll is doomed to be eaten fairly quickly. V, is that Ukrainian? I've never made a borsch I didn't like. :chef: D

Thanks for the suggestion JoeV but it looks like this pumpkin roll is doomed to be eaten fairly quickly. V, is that Ukrainian? I've never made a borsch I didn't like. :chef: D
"V" is for Valencic, and is Slovenian. There are not too many foods that I turn my nose up to. Lutefisk comes to mind...no offense to our Viking friends, but someone had a really bad hair day when they came up with THAT recipe.:LOL:

Hmmmm. I have two pumpkins sitting on the front porch. I just may have to learn how to turn them into a pumpkin roll. I'm off to Google....

JoeV

Dave Cottrell made me crazy thinking about pumpkin rolls, so I made my first ever pumpkin rolls with cream cheese filling, and both me and DW thought they were delicious. Of course, no JoeV report would be complete w/o the obligatory picture (to get your juices flowing).

img_721077_0_c1070a4118598bda45c02c6323ca2a87.jpg

Actually made two of them in 10x15 pans, then cut them in half to freeze. This is the first one, which is a bit uneven, but the second is a consistent thickness.

JoeV

Made some whole wheat NYT in my newly acquired $1.50 Thrift Store clay baker. 2# loaf in the big baker and 1# loaf in the small glass baker.

img_721368_0_e14742f8eca21e24670a916df60c86f6.jpg

Joe, are you for real???? Man, you can come to TX anytime..............nice...........I want to talk to your wife......she really knows which............that's it.............you think up the rest...........

for real, baking the cake mix cookies, i intended to do last week. didn't have a minute. spice cookies with date nuggets.

boy these were wonderful. the date nuggets baked up like pecan pieces. just a taste of spice in the cookie. i would make these again.

Joe, are you for real???? Man, you can come to TX anytime..............nice...........I want to talk to your wife......she really knows which............that's it.............you think up the rest...........

Yeah, she know how good she has it...and I also know which side MY bread is buttered on. After 36 years together we compliment each other pretty well. I make dinner, she clears the table and fills the dishwasher and vice versa. It's always more fun when we work together making meals and cleaning up.

Sorry, Mama won't let me travel without her. She's afraid I'll get kidnapped, and she's not taking any calls right now. Says there's nothing to talk about... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:

Think I'll make some more pumpkin rolls since I have more raw pumpkin left from the container. Gotta run to the store for cream cheese...

JoeV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom