"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 10:17 PM   #681
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeV View Post
I spray the parchment paper with some cooking spray, then put the "folded, not kneaded" dough/glop right on the paper to rise. Just leave the paper long enough to lay on top of the dough and put a towel over it to keep it warm and cozy. When the vessels are hot and the dough has doubled in size, just lift the whole thing by the paper edges and place it gently in the vessel and put the cover on. the paper may get a little brown, but you don't have to worry about it burning (if that concerns you).

Found a couple of proofing baskets today (wicker) at the Goodwill store for $.80 and $1.90 each to use with my La Cloche Oblong Baker when it arrives. I'll post pics of the whole sequence when it gets here so you can see how the parchment paper works.

Joe
I don't use parchment, I use my pizza peel and just dump the dough in the DO.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:40 PM   #682
Chef Extraordinaire

i just quick release foil. no muss no fuss. have had no problem with just using my hands to put in casserole.

babe

Old 06-04-2008, 12:31 AM   #683
Head Chef

Oh gosh, LC - thank you for the kind words! You are all very inspiring, and I'm going to try it very soon - maybe tomorrow night.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:53 AM   #684
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
I don't use parchment, I use my pizza peel and just dump the dough in the DO.
with a lid though correct?
Old 06-04-2008, 01:04 AM   #685
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me View Post
Okay, I am really becoming a true DC'er!! Today I made my first NYT bread...Secondly, I sent DH to the store to pick up some on-sale cake mixes to try out the cake mix cookies.
Karen, and others, I apologize for this statement. I wasn't trying to imply that doing certain things makes you a better community member. I was only making a comment about myself.

I have been cooking for years and am professionally trained; however, I am learning more wonderful things from the people here than I have through my own experience. I admire you all and have a lot more to learn here.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 06-04-2008, 02:03 AM   #686
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to Russellkhan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I have been cooking for years and am professionally trained; however, I am learning more wonderful things from the people here than I have through my own experience. I admire you all and have a lot more to learn here.
I'm with you on that!

I've been lurking here a lot longer than I've been posting, and I have to say, this is a great community with excellent people. I've learned a ton reading posts here, and I don't think it can be said enough that I really appreciate all the people who make this such a great site!
Old 06-04-2008, 10:17 AM   #687
Executive Chef

Right now I have a NYT bread rising. It's special touches today include dried garlic flakes/dehydrated minced onions/thyme/thai purple basil/oregano from my yard. Can't wait for it to smell up the house when it's baking tonight for our dinner. Loaf from yesterday is gone. The flax/sesame/poppy seeds did wonders for it and husband loved the texture of the crunch they added.

I'll be doing the dreamsicle cake too for hubby but don't have any DH Orange Supreme and it's not on sale, $3.79 a box is a little too much and the hubster isn't worth it, so I'll make it but will use lemon with the extra orange extract and all other orange stuff to make it seem orange and hopefully, he'll not notice. I bought 3 new boxes of different color food coloring so I have 12 new colors, maybe one of them will be orange, yes, I know it is, there's a black one in there too.

What's anyone else baking?
Old 06-04-2008, 10:27 AM   #688
Head Chef

Oh Laurie, I never intended to imply that what you said was unkind! You, of all people! Please don't feel bad. Sometimes we forget that when we communicate by written word, we leave out about 2/3rds of our communication skills. It is ALL in fun. Period.

Unlike you, I have never been a professional, but I think I am an above-average cook, mainly because I have such a passion for it. But like you, I learn something from the generous people on this board everyday. And I feel like I have a set of wonderful new friends, like you. Thanks.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:02 AM   #689
Certified Cake Maniac

Thanks, Karen, I feel the same about you, and everyone here. What I like about this place is training doesn't matter - we are all on equal ground and can learn from each other.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 06-04-2008, 04:47 PM   #690
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to Russellkhan
So, the cinnamon rolls turned out good, but the pictures didn't. I had planned to post a couple pics, but I don't seem to take good shots using the flash.

Tags
rye bread