What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I digging a deeper hole here or what. Let's forget about being led NOT into temptation, and just sit down with a glass of moo and some
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE PECAN CHEWY CAKE COOKIES

img_728760_0_61f90819d32f1707dedd92dcb93d3e6c.jpg

(Recipe over on the cookie board)

Like the Mad Hatter = "I'm late, I'm late" - No time to bake. I'm on a jury this week and we 12 are all hoping for a resolution soonest. Can't talk about it till it's over. Can't wait to fire up the oven again. To be on time I have to leave about 7 am and don't get home until about 6 pm, and tired. It's harder than working all day. Oh well, all things eventually come to an end, even this. I'll start baking bread Saturday morning, then cherry cobbler and later, whatever comes to mind. Oh! and Sticky Rolls, too.

corazon, the egg loaf was yummy! I didn't have time to braid it and make it look pretty like Joe's though. And frankly, as fast as it disappeared I don't think it mattered much!

I notice that you have a really large bag of pecan halves.
Where'd ya get that? At some sort of restaurant supply?
We have a great place here in LA called Surfas.
It's got every thing under the sun fancy-wise, bet they'd have 'em.

That's a 2# bag I bought at Sam's Club. Cost-per-pound works out less expensive, and they'll get used with Christmas coming up real quick.

I love eating pecans just straight up so thanks for the tip.
Hub isn't a nut eater so they don't usually go into anything I'm baking.
He just isn't a fan except for peanuts out of the shell.
I am not a SC member, but should be, no longer a member of the other big chain store as we didn't use it except only for gas.

Finally! Jury duty is over. Today I'm baking white bread for the coming week, plus hogies and hamburger buns. Also, Oatmeal-Cranberry-Walnut cookies, and tomorrow perhaps Cherry Cobbler. Whew!

Think I'll make some meat pies tomorrow... today... I don't think the oven will get turned on.

Mixed up a Challah bread dough. Half in a loaf pan and the other half into knotted rolls for dinner tonight.

Baked the pie shell for my no-bake pumpkin pie that's destined to make a trip to Atlanta. Also just pulled 2 dozen potato dinner rolls out of the oven. They're going south, too. Early this morning I baked 3 dozen cut-out cookies. I'll wait until later today or tomorrow to ice them. Have to make sure the icing's nice and dry before I store them for the trip.

I'm tired. May take a nap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom