What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Using about 2 cups of left over mashed potatoes with caramelized onions, I added an egg and some more seasoning, and then enough white flour to make a soft dough (about 3/4-1 cup) and baked these potato knishes in 25 minutes at 350° in my counter top convection oven.

(I cooked a teaspoon of the dough in the microwave to determine how much extra seasoning it needed. I always use the microwave to help me balance the flavors before doing the actual cooking of most foods I prepare.)

I usually make my knishes with puff pastry but it's diet time again!

Shelly

Attachments

• P1020604.jpg
    P1020604.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 185
I started the poolish last night, finished the dough and baked the bread today.

Beautiful bread! I just took a pumpernickel out of the oven. Using it for spinach dip for my bread class tomorrow. I'm really glad to see more pictures of bread and other foods being posted.

img_738867_0_8be41e91c703dfcd895103605ed5933e.jpg

Apples, apples and apples. I'm baking an apple pie just to smell the cinnamon in my house. I will eat it too...mostly the apples. DH and daughter eats the crust.

I made a batch of snickerdoodle cookies and also chocolate fudge last night. Gifts for the nice ladies who run the dog kennel - gotta keep them happy, they take care of my babies when I'm gone.

I made this a little while ago.

Beautiful Challah Bread. I love Challah for French toast.

I started two batches of NYT at 5 a.m. for my class tonight at 7 p.m.. Will also make Italian anf basic white bread, as well as cake mix cookies. I need to remember to take a nap this afternoon.:LOL:

I will be making my first NYT bread today!! Yeah I get to post on the baking thread. lol We'll see how it comes out.

Barb

I'm not where my recipe is, but it's quite simple. Flour, water, salt, a little sugar, and yeast. Mix and allow for first rise. Shape into loaf, brush with egg white, cut slashes in dough, let rise second and last time and bake.

Full recipe of sandwich rolls are going in the oven in 15 minutes. Then DW and me will spend the afternoon making Christmas cookies. Going to use the Wear-Ever cookie press that I found at the Thrift Store for $2.50 with all the plates...like new!(Looks like a caulking gun) It's just like the one my Mother had when I was a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom