What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LP: How do you keep your wontons crisp when you take them somewhere????

I have found a few tricks while catering. With the wontons, I just make them ahead, let them cool on paper towel covered cooling rack (so the oil will be soaked up and the air can get around them. Then I pack them in air tight containers for transport. Just put them on baking sheets and heat them for a few minutes in a 350 oven (not convection though) and they come out as crispy as they did out of the fryer, without the grease. You could make them ahead and put them in the fridge, I guess, but I always make them the day of.

Hope that helps, Dave.

Banana muffins with peanut butter/choc. chips . I had some bananas left over so instead of making same old banana bread , making muffins .

I did bake today

Just took two New York Times Bread Loaves out of oven. They are cooling. My husband suggested I bake two each time instead of one.

Great idea. Going through all the same motions...just do it twice. GREAT.

As I mentioned earlier I bake my bread in Ceramic Crock Pot liners. I have one oblong crock pot and one round. I prefer the oblong. Makes a longer
loaf. Either shape....I find the recipe the BEST. Aria

DW just informed me that SHE is taking over the oven to bake Christmas cookies. Just because I've baked them for the last six years, all of a sudden she thinks it's her turn. I can't understand what's gotten into her..............

We are both very strong minded people and get in each other's way at every turn. We actually did try it once - disaster! Love is "staying out of each other's way in the kitchen". Better yet, staying out of the kitchen...............

Mom and I are trying to finish up the holiday baking. Today, we made chocolate fudge with walnuts, fudge cups (little chocolate tartlets with a fudge filling), and salted nut bars (mixed nuts and butterscotch on top of a shortbread crust). It has been fun, but it is nice to see the light at the end of the baking tunnel.

I think today is officially Christmas cookie day. Hopefully whatever I bake will last til Christmas! Here's the list:

- Brown sugar shortbread
- regular shortbread
- maple cookies
- gingerbread (again, first batch is GONE)

I made two loaves of "Five minute a day" french bread at 0600 and took one to my butcher when I picked up the old fashioned smoked Christmas ham. The other one is already GONE!

Not sure what kind of bread I'll make for our fish fry tonight with our neighbors. Either Challah or maybe Epi wreath...maybe both.

We are both very strong minded people and get in each other's way at every turn. We actually did try it once - disaster! Love is "staying out of each other's way in the kitchen". Better yet, staying out of the kitchen...............

I can relate to that, hubby does get in my way in the kitchen, he can't bake or cook . A lot of times he will sit at the breakfast bar and watch me work when I tell him to get out of my way. ;)

goodness......y'all have gotten me in the baking mood (how in the ??><> did that happen??).....pickles...and I hate to bake...............made the mistake of sending American cookies up the the KZ office where my DH works........they are NOT cookie enthusiasts here as they don't make them.....not in the culture... will stand to be corrected...........they now ask when I'm sending up more............Brownies and chocolate cookies are a real big hit, too.......

"Snowball" cookies and 1# loaves of Italian bread.

img_751950_0_ad4cb642d42aa2d678db2182db728920.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom